Rant of the poor state of xbmc for developers
Ok, I've finished my Audio/Video tutorial and reorganized the list of tutorials on the main add-on dev page. Feel free to improve it further!
Fantastic work! thanks Pline Smile Now we are getting somewhere.....

Also if anyone wants buy the latest Linux Developer Magazine (edition 131) then they have a great tutorial in there also.

(2013-12-18, 02:35)Pline Wrote: Ok, I've finished my Audio/Video tutorial and reorganized the list of tutorials on the main add-on dev page. Feel free to improve it further!
"addon_id = int(sys.argv[1])", not to be confused with addon id. should probably call it something else..
(2013-12-18, 21:55)takoi Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 02:35)Pline Wrote: Ok, I've finished my Audio/Video tutorial and reorganized the list of tutorials on the main add-on dev page. Feel free to improve it further!
"addon_id = int(sys.argv[1])", not to be confused with addon id. should probably call it something else..

Changed to "addon_handle", but remember that it is a wiki and anyone can edit it (though I suppose you need an approved account).
Will that guide get a working Video Add-on?

It seems a little minimal to me. Is there still work to add?
This page should be titled 'Add-on Plugin Audio/Video tutorial' to help avoid confusion.
(2013-12-19, 11:02)zag Wrote: Will that guide get a working Video Add-on?

It seems a little minimal to me. Is there still work to add?

Yes it will. It doesn't tell you how to scrape a website to grab the videos, but it shows everything in the XBMC API that you'd need to use to make a video add-on. It might be worth adding a section about setResolvedURL though.

Also, I moved the page to "Audio/Video plugin tutorial".
What's everyone's opinion on deleting this page? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_for_XBMC

It's pretty hard to follow, and given that there's a new tutorial now, I don't think we need it.
Yeh that page needs a lot of work to update it or delete it.

I've just finished the Development Tools page:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_Tools
Is there a way to archive or depreciate it until a fully fleshed out guide is finished? There's good information buried in there, and my hoarder tendencies cringe at the thought of throwing it out before it's replacement is 100% =)

Edit:
I also stumbled across this the other day, and it looks fairly easy to follow: http://xbmc-plugin-dev.blogspot.com/2013...lugin.html
There's already a header stating

Quote: OUTDATED:
Some information in this article or section has not been updated or refers to XBMC features that have been superseded, and may not be reliable.
added an additional warning
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rant of the poor state of xbmc for developers0