Newbie Questions on XBMC...???
a buddy told me briefly about XBMC and i freaked out, sounds awesome. Dream come true. i tried to install on my pc and was having trouble so i figured id just get a box. with that said i have a few questions if you wouldn't mind helping me out.

What box (preferably android) would you recommend under $200?

I want to be able to play games Nes ,snes, etc. would i have to install one emulator or an emulator for each? what systems can i play?

i already have netflix/hulu, does XBMC make it so i don't have to pay for netflix/hulu anymore??

would i still have to download torrents for new movies and tv shows or does XBMC have brand new content?

thank you i appreciate it.
XBMC does not have content. XBMC is only a player of videos and a showcase for them. There are add-ons which connect to internet sites and services, but those are provided by someone. For example, there is a Hulu add-on, so you can watch Hulu in the XBMC interface, but the video comes from Hulu, not from XBMC.

There are various piracy add-ons for direct pirated video content in XBMC, but we don't allow discussion of those per forum rules (wiki). That being said, their quality is typically pretty bad, so what ever you are currently using is probably better.

I would get an OUYA and run a nightly build (wiki) of XBMC for Android. OUYA (and most Android boxes) has good emulators for just about anything, like NES, SNES, N64, Mega Drive, PS1, etc.
so with a OUYA can i stream media from my pc through XBMC? and to use the emulators do i have to get the games myself and put them on the OUYA or does it have a selection of games? can i stream the roms from my computer to the OUYA?

thank you
Yes, XBMC can stream media from your PC or even a stand-alone NAS device/hard drive.

For emulators, the good ones (like the .emu series) will need you to download ROMs yourself, but they're really easy to find on google, and I can't say more than that per forum rules (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Questions on XBMC...???0