setting up issues
Sad 
Hi
just setting up for the first time and using the Aeon Nox skin. Nice skin BTW Nod
I installed my music by selecting the whole music folder on my NAS drive, but i noticed there were a few compilation albums that were not Tagged correctly. I removed this source so i could add the music again, this time just the A-B artist folders that are in my music folder on my NAS drive.
So i went ahead and added the the A folder as a source and checked the music section to find all the old junk still there, i could even play songs from artists that were not in the A folder (and i thought i had removed).
No matter what i do i cant get rid of this mess, ive tried using the clean up function in the music setting section too.

Also on another subject

I have edited my main menu to add a new temporary button (Christmas MoviesWink ) i added 1 sub menu (movies). Now all is fine if i click on the sub menu i get the Christmas movies laid out in the style i have chosen, but if i just click the Christmas Movies main button i get a list of different listing options eg. year, genre etc. How do i get it to show the same as my sub menu does? i would like to do away with the sub menu and just use the main button on this section really.

Thanks for your help here guys, i'm sure i'll have a few more questions soon Big Grin
Hi

I posted this in the Aeon Nox section but think it should be here, so please delete the other if thats ok.

just setting up for the first time and using the Aeon Nox skin. Nice skin BTW

I installed my music by selecting the whole music folder on my NAS drive, but i noticed there were a few compilation albums that were not Tagged correctly. I removed this source so i could add the music again, this time just the A-B artist folders that are in my music folder on my NAS drive.
So i went ahead and added the the A folder as a source and checked the music section to find all the old junk still there, i could even play songs from artists that were not in the A folder (and i thought i had removed).
No matter what i do i cant get rid of this mess, ive tried using the clean up function in the music setting section too.

Also on another subject

I have edited my main menu to add a new temporary button (Christmas Movies ) i added 1 sub menu (movies). Now all is fine if i click on the sub menu i get the Christmas movies laid out in the style i have chosen, but if i just click the Christmas Movies main button i get a list of different listing options eg. year, genre etc. How do i get it to show the same as my sub menu does? i would like to do away with the sub menu and just use the main button on this section really.

Thanks for your help here guys, i'm sure i'll have a few more questions soon
Ok I've had another look at this now, and a reboot since yesterday.

Here's what I have

If I select the music menu or any of the default music menus I have thousands of songs by 644 artists, but if I click on files I only have 22 artists all starting with A.
This is the same whether I have the default skin or aeon nox
How can this be possible?
Somebody must know Sad
Ok I've had another look at this now, and a reboot since yesterday.

Here's what I have

If I select the music menu or any of the default music menus I have thousands of songs by 644 artists, but if I click on files I only have 22 artists all starting with A.
This is the same whether I have the default skin or aeon nox
How can this be possible?
Somebody must know Sad
Based on what you said in your first post, it seems the library only contains songs scanned from your "A" folder. Instead of scanning the individual alphabetic folders, why not scan on the common parent folder for all your music files so everything gets added?
(Threads merged)
Sorry maybe i didnt make myself clear
i tried scanning the commn parent folder first - i found there was some compilations in one of the sub folders that were not tagged correctly so the listings were kind of jibberish
so
i removed this source so i could just add the sub directories A-z and avoid the folder with the compilations in
but
when i just added folder A (containing all artists begining with A) i found that all the other stuff is still there

the files show only artists from A folder and the source shows only folder A but is i use any other listing method ie artists, albums, songs etc all the stuff that i deleted is still there
The other slight problem i have now fixed the issue of not listing the right movies on the Christmas menu, but
the christmas menu item i set up using the custem menus that are already available.
the movies all show up listed as i want them when i select the menu item but there is no info or wall paper, how do i get a scraper to see these movies?
these movies are only available in the christmas menu not in movies or video menu
Anyone know how to achieve this?
I have now solved the menu problem by using smart playlists even for the movie button

Still stuck on the music listing things that are not really there problem, if anyone would care to offer ideas?
Is it possible to clear the entire music database and start again? That's all I am trying to do, but every time the old stuff is still there
Think I've solved this problem now by deleting the mymusic.db
Thanks everyone for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting up issues0