Hardware Acceleration
Hey there. Not sure if this is the right place for this. I am getting the extremely annoying bug where videos only play audio and i just get a black screen for video (this happens on 75% of my downloaded tv shows/movies). I have seen various threads saying I need to turn off hardware acceleration and that will fix it. It does indeed fix it, but i need to have H/A on for live tv (hd channels stutter without it) so at the moment i keep having to go back and forth into the menu switching it on and off depending on what i want to watch next! Needless to say this is extremely annoying...does anyone have any other ideas to try? I am using an Acer Revo RL70 (AMD E450) and the latest Openelec Fusion build. I have asked over on their forums too![/align]
Glad there is plenty of help here Wink
1. Stating that you're playing downloaded files won't win many friends around here, so be wary of that

2. 48 hours isn't an age to wait when you're asking for volunteer support... this is genuinely one of the most active and helpful forums I know of

3. Have you looked at this: http://openelec.tv/forum/117-xvba-amd/50...sion-e-350

4. What's the common denominator of your source files - codec, bit rate, resolution - any pointers there?
As long as people don't say where to get illegally downloaded videos, just saying "downloaded files" is fine.
(2013-12-08, 04:57)Ned Scott Wrote: As long as people don't say where to get illegally downloaded videos, just saying "downloaded files" is fine.

My point exactly, hence "be wary". If the OP stays with "downloaded" then I'm even happy to assume that they're legal unless told otherwise - it remains perfectly legal to download material in many countries after all, so let's just leave it at that level.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware Acceleration0