How to set a vertical shift value via remote/keyboard?
Hey,

didn't find anything on google or via search in here.

What I'd like to do is to map a button on my remote or keyboard to set a vertical-shift-value, e.g. 1.02.
I found the functions verticalshiftup and verticalshiftdown, which i can map, but these only increase/decrease pixel-wise.

I want my picture to go to the bottom of the screen on key-press, so that I don't have a black bar underneath the picture (the resulting bigger black bar on the top is going to be masked).
If there's another way than vertical shift to fulfil this, like some sort of video/picture-alignment, I'd be happy to get a hint : )
Also thought about different profiles for tv and projector, but that would be my last resort...

Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what i mean ;-)

Thanks in advance!

-Nico
is there maybe a way to script this? 100x shift up or down?
Yes, this would be helpfull so that one can use two buttons for different presets för 16:9 and 2.35:1. Is it possible or can i use json to do it from a webserver?
bump
Did you come up with a solution for this? This is exactly what I need for my scope screen!
sadly not : (
May this be something for a feature request? : )
Nice to be on my mouse wheel.
I'm also looking for this feature. only two positions/key short cuts needed for masking 16:9 / 2.35:1
I hereby give this request its yearly bump.
The vertical shift feature in KODI is invaluable to me. While I see value in what the OP is asking for, I would happy just to have a keymap that quickly accesses the vertical shift controls as I tend to change values between files.

The op mentions that he was able to map verticalshiftup/down. I have been unable to do even this. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running KODI on an NVIDIA Shield and using a harmony remote. I have the keymap editor addon but could not find anything in there that seems to do what I'm trying to affect.
I also searched for this for some time. I have a projector and want 21:9 movies to be shifted down.

Now I have found the solution, and I can simply switch between "shifted" and "unshifted" with my Harmony remote.

It is found here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15477

I have put the commands from the article (of course the URL at the end of each command must match your Kodi configuration) in Bash scripts (my machine runs Ubuntu).
Then via "Autokey" I assigned keyboard shortcuts to these scripts.
Then via FLIRC (I use the FLIRC dongle) I assigned these keyboard shortcuts to unneeded Kodi commands on my Harmony.
Voila!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set a vertical shift value via remote/keyboard?0