Linux Expat T.V and 4 OD
Hi - I am completely new to this so please excuse me if my question is considered irrelevant.
I have a My Gica Box running XBMC in Linux. The primary use is to obtain U.K. T.V channels here in Portugal where satellite reception is about to cease..
I have Filmon, Iplayer for BBC, Itv Player, and a host of other addons, but I would like to get a working addon for Expat T.V. and 4 OD..
These addons are installed - Expat by Mikey1234, and 4 OD by Mossy - problem is neither work. Expat goes to Script failure and 4OD has a broken link.
Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.
The 4OD addon is broken - the streams are 'protected'.

For advice on Expattv you need to check out the xunitytalk forum - this forum discourages discussion of that plugin!
Bicky - I'm in the same boat as you. Here on the silver coast the talk is that we'll lose BBC and ITV channels from freesat potentially before Christmas, though I don't know how true that is.

I'm looking at Filmon as my main alternative as on the whole the website, android app and Windows player all work very well. However as far as I can tell the Filmon XBMC add-on (the "clean" version) is also broken. Do you have the Mikey1234 version does that work for you? do you have a link for it?

My workaround at the moment is to launch the Filmon HDi player from XBMC, but its not remote-control friendly :-(
Actually, scratch that regarding the Mikey1234 version of Filmon. I just read the thread on the whole saga regarding this particular developer and don't want any of his plugins on my system.
Can you lead me to info on the saga of Mikey 1234 - every forum I visit seems to treat him like the plague.
The addon I use for Filmon is ELEAZAR'S XBMC ADD-ON REPOSITORY works fine.
I am told that 4OD is a no go - link broken permanently
would appreciate updates on how you get on..
I'm on my tablet and don't have the link to hand but the controversy centres around adware and spyware in his plugins.

I have the eleazar filmon plugin and simply cannot get it to work. No streams will start. Can't seem to get any support neither. Looks like I will have to try debugging it myself but perl is so not my thing :-(
Might seem daft , but have you registered with Filmon and entered your details. I did only last week have a problem - kept on getting script error - when I re entered & refreshed my details all started to work.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175884

This clean filmon works perfect. No adverts even.

No need for any other filmon on your system...
That's exactly the plugin we are discussing here.

It doesn't work at all for me - no streams will play. I've already posted about it in the plugin's actual thread so I'm going to unsubscribe from this one as its going OT.

@bicky - I will try registering, thanks for the suggestion
Weird. Works perfect for me.

Based in spain running it on several devices.

Android, windows, minix x5, even old samsung g2 phone runs it perfect.

Dont log in either.
Good to know it works for some people and the plugin isn't inherently broken.

I can try it on a different box or two but ultimately I do want it to work on my HTPC and I just don't know what could be the problem.
Ok - I fixed it, but for me at least the fix is far from ideal.

My default action on selecting a video item is to show info, not play. However this plugin will only work if the default video file selection action is play or choose. This messes up how I like my Movies folder to work.
theres a filmon on the xbmchub, nto sure bout mentioning that on here, but yr right in the text of the other developer.

I miss 4OD and demand 5 on my set up and i am in the uk!
I'm pretty sure the one on xbmchub is the mikey1234 version as well.
No it isn't.

There is a working FilmOn Add-on in Kinkin's Repository named f.t.v.

http://fusion.xbmchub.com/video/free-tv/...in-1.2.zip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Expat T.V and 4 OD0