XBMC tv show files need help please
hello. im new to xbmc, and i have setup my movies folder, and tv shows folder sources.

however under my tv shows, i have for instance, band of brothers, and they are mp4 video. and naming convention is all correct, and even if i refresh and find band of brothers, it finds it.

but when i click on it, it shows there are no episodes to choose from.

however, if i click the arrow back button while in tv shows, and go back to files, and click on the source drive. the episodes are there, and i can watch it from there.

but if i back out, and go straight in by clicking on TV Shows from the main xbmc screen, they are no longer there again.

what am i doing wrong?

any help would be greatly appreciated, since this is happening on a few shows.

thank you all for any help you can provide
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Most likely due to incorrect file names on the episode files. Since you did not provide specific examples of how you'd named the episode files, it's difficult to offer more specific advice. See here on how to properly name and organize TV show folders and episode files: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows
your correct, im sorry.

here is a copy and past of exactly how i have it set up.

Main folder, Band of Brothers
inside main folder, Band of Brothers - 01e1

is that the wrong formating? cuz i have tried episode 1, and just 01 numbering going up, after name of show.
ok so i used the corrected naming convention in the link you provided, thank you very much. that worked.

also i screwed up and named the srt files the same so its showing duplicates of the show now lol.

but at least i figured it out.

this is gonna suck. gonna have to go through all my stuff now and fix names.

thats alot of stuff to fix. im gonna be at this for hours.
How about looking at something like Therenamer to do bulk renaming?
never heard of it. but will check it out.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC tv show files need help please0