XBMC for Sony Smart TV
Hi.

I was wondering if XBMC is or may be available to the Sony W905 or any of the other new Sony TV's? It does seem to be able to handle it.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

You can hook up your XBMC system to your Sony TV via an HDMI cable to use it as a display. But as far as actually installing and running XBMC on the TV, no.
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I figured as much. The only problem is, I don't have a PC with HDMI...
"Why can't I play this tape?"

Because you need a tape player

"But I don't have a tape player"
If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs if we had some eggs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Jurge, get a 50$ raspberry pi. That has HDMI. And XBMC. And you can even mount in on the back of the TV (on the VESA mount). Or you can even put it inside your TV like some people did.
nevermind i am dumb.
OK I just bought a Raspberry Pi. I reckon there are some sort of accessories I would require for it. Do you guys have any recommendations?
SD Card, Power Cable, HDMI Cable, LAN cable, Remote
I can't stretch cable throughout our living room. Isn't there some sort of Wifi I can use with it?
Sure go for wifi if you want. Pesonally I don't recommend wifi unless its a last option. Plenty of suitable wifi adapters, either that or grab a powerline ethernet adatapter - they typically give better performance, especially for hd content.
(2013-12-06, 15:21)Jurge92 Wrote: I can't stretch cable throughout our living room. Isn't there some sort of Wifi I can use with it?

Homeplug (Powerplug)
Ok. What about SD card? Is class 4 enough, or should i get class 10?
Class 10 is better (faster & less chance of corruption). However, if you do not plan to overclock the Pi then class 4 will do.
Nothing wrong with Wifi dongles using Dlink DWA121 works perfect no lag no buffering

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Sony Smart TV1