XBMC for Sony Smart TV
Wifi is highly dependent on environment. It is notoriously unreliable for media.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is there a recommended wifi dongle to use with XBMC?
Nickr if you don't know how to do it and got crap hardware sure it's not good but I don’t :-D

Jurge92: no there is not
Bumping this back up, is there any possibility of a port of Kodi coming to Smart TV's? Huh Huh
Only TVs that run one of the OSes that kodi supports, and that is only android.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sony have recently launched Android TV TVs in the UK - be interesting to see how Kodi runs on them.

Their previous generation of TVs with the Smart Hub appeared to run Android or something derived from Android under the surface. I confused my TV once and got an Android volume control - which got me to looking at the Open Source bit of the Sony website, and a lot of the code in my TV has the prefix ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich?)
I must say the 'Kodi Community' are a bit sarcastic when people are just asking for help !
(2015-05-22, 17:27)mary123 Wrote: I must say the 'Kodi Community' are a bit sarcastic when people are just asking for help !

That tends to happen when people ask absurd questions over and over and over again, no matter how many times it has been answered and is easily found on Google. I have no issue with people who honestly need help, even if I think the knowledge is really basic. What bothers me is when people are too lazy to even look, and expect other people to look up things for them.
It is a completely valid question. Sony has changed its OS 3-5 times since 2013 when the post started. People have been working on tweaks and work arounds using Upnp, chromebox, Pi, developer mode hacks, some of these attempts are available on youtube. The somewhat newer, non-android sony smart t.v. have hidden how you formerly could access developer mode. which was the only way in before.

People have been sending demanding messages to plex, showbox, tofu, and Kodi to advocate for something that works on sony non-adroid smart tvs as people are reluctant to buy the low quality Samsung or LG smart T.V.s.

short answer- keep making noise about it!
Noise? No point making it here. I doubt the Sony marketers read this forum. And I doubt that any kodi Dev is going to port to an OS that changes 3-5 times in two years.
(2015-07-04, 01:36)ajesusj Wrote: short answer- keep making noise about it!

My answer: thread locked.

You are looking for a different product that we do not make and will never make. Period.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Sony Smart TV1