Manually update player/codecs for older version of XBMC
I'm using Eden v11 and I'm having trouble playing some files. But when I use Frodo the issues are no longer there, I'm guessing because of the updated codecs/player.
So my question is how can I use the Frodo player on an older version of XBMC - in this case Eden.
I tried replacing the folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\players" with the one from Frodo/Gotham but the player doesn't even start, I also tried replacing the individual dlls but still same problem.
Any help would be appreciated. Smile

P.S I don't want to upgrade to Frodo.
That won't work. Upgrading is the only solution
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well that's a bummer, I have a few questions though.

Is there a community build with updated codecs?
Can I recompile it myself with newer codecs? If so a tutorial well be appreciated.
Can I use Frodo with older theming system?

Sorry for all the questions :-D
The changes are too great and intrusive that it is highly unlikely it will ever happen.
Frodo or Gotham are the only way to get updated cpdecs
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-06, 08:37)Reda Wrote: Well that's a bummer, I have a few questions though.

Is there a community build with updated codecs?
Can I recompile it myself with newer codecs? If so a tutorial well be appreciated.
Can I use Frodo with older theming system?

Sorry for all the questions :-D

The closest thing would be to use linux and try to build XBMC to use an external FFMpeg library, but I've heard that it is a major PITA to even get going.

Why don't you want to update to Frodo?
(2013-12-07, 05:21)Ned Scott Wrote: Why don't you want to update to Frodo?

Well .... since you asked ... a lot of reasons ... most of them are minor. *cough* OCD *cough*
Here are some of them:
- I modified a theme myself way back, it took me a long time to make it perfect, I don't have time to adjust it to work with Frodo.
- I find navigation slower, when long pressing arrow key - see here - I don't know if you understand exactly what I mean
- Can't hide movie sets with only 1 movie - very frustrating - In Eden movie set wouldn't appear if it had 1 movie.
- Add-on compatability

Probably most of them have solutions, but I'm too lazy to go search for one, as I have Eden set up perfectly - apart from my 1 issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually update player/codecs for older version of XBMC0