Win Video file source problem
Hi there, very new user to XBMC so forgive me if I have put this in the wrong area as I'm not sure what exactly is causing my problem. I am running windows 8, xbmc Frodo, Aeon Nox skin. I started setting up my video souces so XBMC could access my media. I started with my tv shows and the file structure is as follows:

TV SHOWS\The Walking Dead\Season 1\s01e01

Using the tvdb scraper and everything works as it should. No problems accessing my TV shows.

The problem is with movies, here is the structure i have

MOVIES\Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)\somefilename believe it is an MP4 file

MOVIES\Elysium (2013)\ somefilename believe its a MKV file

Using the tmdb scraper.

When I set up my video source for movies I can see the 2 folders for the two movies. It appears as though XBMC updates the info/scrapers work. On the main screen, when I scroll to "MOVIES" I can see the little notice saying there are 2 unwatched movies. When I select latest or whatever, nothing shows up. Just a pic of the folder with the arrow on the right of the screen, and no files on the left. I'm pretty sure i've labelled the folders properly and I can see that XBMC recognizes that there are 2 movies available. That leads me to think that the scrapers are not doing there jobs? I've tried removing the source and playing with file names but the result is always the same.

Any thoughts?
In the scraper settings, did you enable the option to specify that movies are in folders named as the movie names?
Honestly, I have played with all the settings at one point. I will verify that this option is checked. Does the actual file name have to be a written a certain way? It was my understanding that the actual file name could be whatever, as long as the folder it was in was named correctly.
Take the colon out of the terminator folder name.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-12-06, 21:23)nickr Wrote: Take the colon out of the terminator folder name.

Will do. What about Elysium? I don't get anything for it either. I'll get more movies in there to try. Just seems weird that the system is not recognizing either file.
debug log (wiki) will tell us.

Frankly I name both the folder and file correctly using filebot and it works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Fair enough, I'll read up on getting a log in here and I'll check out filebot.

Thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video file source problem0