help..XBMCBUNTU 12.2 Intel Nvidia iso freezes
Im going to start right off the hop that I am in no way a "Linux" guy. I am desperately in love with XBMC, have used it for years, my home theater has always revolved around it. I have used XBMCbuntu only because of how well it runs, and how reliable it is. Ive installed it so many times on so many PCS, always upgraded, I download the ISO, I let it do its thing, then where my "skillset" comes in is AFTER it is installed and running....Then Im a PRO! LOL...So, this time around, something happened to me that has never happened before, which is why I am here....The install locks up before it could even start...

Just built a new PC:

Intel i7-4930K
Asus Sabertooth x79 (Latest firmware applied)
Asus Nvidia GTX 780
Patriot Viper 3 PV316G186C0KRD 16GB Desktop Memory Module Kit - DDR3, 2x8GB, 1866MHz, CL10, PC3-15000, 1.5V, XMP
1 TB WD hard disk SATA Blue
1200 watt power supply

I burn the 12.2 Intel Nvidia ISO, I make it to the splash screen, I hit install, then I get.....(my god....I don't even know how to insert a pic on my hard disk into this thread)...Its a black screen with a white lettering, starting, stopping, job starter, battery state, smb/cifs file server, xbmcbuntu job starter, mount network file systems, etc...( I am so sorry and so embarrassed.)....

I used LiLi to make a USB boot, same thing, I tried starting the live environment to install from there, same thing, I tried the lower dpi, same thing, I re downloaded the image, same thing, I tried 12.0, same thing.....All things that I was able to read about over Google.

Im hoping this will be easy as it just dies right after the XBMCbuntu logo with the flashing 4 dots....then that screen with all the white text appears, my cd rom stops spinning and that's it, Im stuck with a black screen and lots of white text. All after the initial splash screen. I am so sorry for my ignorance, but any help would be appreciated. Invested a lot of money in this machine and like I said, other than the gaming I do in Windows, XBMCBuntu is the center of my home theater room. I do not like xbmc windows as I could never get the video quality I get from xbmcbuntu....Thank you so much for all your time in advance!!!
I managed to resolve the issue by installing the latest version of Ubuntu, then installing and running XBMC from there. After making a few settings in XBMC regarding video and sound and downloading the audio mixer and enabling the channel, everything went perfect. Its running better than I have ever had it running before!!!

Weird thing though. Did a bunch of reading and research on how to install XBMC on Ubuntu 13. Lots of info, all indicating having to run a series of commands, clean up with more commands, configuration and updates with even more paragraphs of commands.....So, I braced myself, spent so much time analyzing, and prepping....

Got home, installed Ubuntu, went very well, then before I went on my rigorous trek of typing, I noticed UBUNTU Software Center....Opened that up, looked like an app store on a tablet. Saw the search and thought, hmmm, what the heck. I typed XBMC in the search, it came up quickly in the search results with a nifty button that said..."Install". I clicked that button, waited 2 minutes and boom....XBMC was loaded and ready to go.

For some reason, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, or it flat out doesn't exist, but I couldn't find the Google search result that says...

To install XBMC on Ubuntu 13, just go to Ubuntu Software Center, type XBMC in the search, then click install. LOL...

Well, hope this helps anyone else out. Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help..XBMCBUNTU 12.2 Intel Nvidia iso freezes0