• 8(current)
[MOD] Holiday (Snow Effect) option in Aeon MQ5.
@Wanilton,

Roger that. Yeah, I should clarify my last. I edited the newer 3.3.0 files to make it work. I'll create a new version of the mod for 3.3.0 and make it available here.
Hey, I'm actually using the Aeon MQ6 modded version as there's a lot more features. Would you be able to tell me what edits to make and in what files because overwriting my home.xml etc will break the skin.

I don't mind editing the files manually, just unsure where to make the edits?

Thanks
@CraftyMc

Sure...give me some time to make a tutorial.
It's okay mate, I have done it myself, also changed some of the snow.png's to santa, ball ball, and holly reef lol, and made them all come at once, see below. Cool

Nice!!
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

Looks good!
Mmmm seems some progress is made.
@latts9923
Could you give me some instructions and links so i can update first post for you Wink
@schumi2004

Hello,

I'm right in the middle of updating the mod for the 3.3.0 update. I'm working on an animated Christmas menu bar right now. I'll post the update as soon as I can.
Great, i'll update first post so you can continue this Wink
@Wanilton

I'm working on an animated Christmas menu bar and noticed when I tried it out that it didn't display correctly. I tried using the Halloween animated eyes menu bar and it is not working either. Did something change in the 3.3.0 update that would keep animated gifs from displaying?
What Halloween animated eyes menu bar? Where is this? I would love it!
@Me23

Here's the animated Halloween menu bar.

It was working fine with the 3.2.0 version of MQ 6, but now with the 3.3.0 update it's not displaying animated gifs.

Still looking into it...
Update

I was hoping to remove the Textures.xbt file from the updated mod to cut down on download size, and I have been trying all day to get the animated Halloween gif to show in KODI with no success. I created a styles folder under media and had the christmas.png and halloween.gif files in the styles folder. KODI shows the christmas.png style all day long with no problem, but it just will not show the gif file. I thought it had something to do with the 3.3.0 update, but I was wrong. I packed halloween.gif into a new Textures.xbt and it works just fine! It seems that KODI will only recognize gifs if they are in the xbt file. If anyone can show me how to get the gif to display without packing it, please educate me. Otherwise, I am pushing forward with the mod update. Once I complete the new animated Christmas style, the mod should be ready to go.
All,

I just created a new thread for the updated Holiday Mod

Holiday Mod 2.0
@latts9923
Great, i'll update first post with a link to your thread Wink
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Holiday (Snow Effect) option in Aeon MQ5.3