Wrong ISO? Acer Aspire One D270
I know this has probably been asked as I've seen that it works but reading through a bunch of sites and being frustrated with it not working,combined with lack of sleep, has really impaired my comprhension skills.

I have an Acer Aspire One D270 Intel Atom N2600 1.6ghz 1MB L2 cache 1gb DDR3 Memory 320gb harddrive

I want to install xbmc on it as I read it's do able. The netbook is currently running lubuntu. I tried installing XBMC via the terminal as it states on the main page for linux but what happens is when I access it, it's very slow. The mouse has a really delayed reaction time and I cannot set it up. I tried a usb drive but when I hit install, I get no signal on the monitor (external, netbook monitor is broken). I installed lubuntu today for another reason but was able to get XBMC Eden going but the repositories are broken.

Is there anything I can do to get this going? or should I try something else?

And is it easy to setup netflix on it? that's one of the reasons I'm doing it?
What gpu does that have?

What version of lubuntu?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3650 (Intel® GMA 3650), with 64 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9

Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution / refresh rate:5
VGA port up to 1920 x 1200: 60 Hz
HDMI® port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz
MPEG-2/DVD decoding
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI® (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support

lubuntu is 13.10 but I was running linux mint 15 xfce and Ill probably revert back to mint.

I've played 1080p on here it was a bit slow but it worked 720 was good
You're pretty much SOL with that graphics chipset if you're running Linux. Another recent thread on the same subject: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179777
thanks Im gonna give that a read. I've had no problems with linux distro's. This is a throw away computer that I have been testing stuff on.

Is a HTPC possible with this computer even if its not XBMC, and how come eden works? The repositories don't, but I haven't investigated that further, as I was sleep deprived yesterday.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong ISO? Acer Aspire One D2700