Is it worth installing 4.1.9?
Question 
I have Frodo 12.2 with the repository version of Aeon Nox - is it worth the trouble of installing the Github version? does it include a fix for the high CPU consumption of this skin when XBMC is idling?
I like the git for all the eye candy mods that are available. Don't know if CPU usuage is reduced but I doubt it. It's not a low consumption skin.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yeah, I know its designed more to look good than be efficient, but it makes my mac mini's fans spin up sitting in a menu - once I start a movie playing it goes quiet again :-)

If there are no particular bug fixes or improved CPU consumption I guess I don't need to worry about it.

Thanks!
Dave
Before you fall in love with Aeon Nox.... and if you are worried about resource usage... try either MQ5 or Ace... These are supposedly very resource friendly skins, with lots of customizing power, and similar to Aeon Nox.

I find it that once you get into a skin, and start configuring or worse, tweaking it, it is hard to consider anything else...
I agree. I was very impressed with the way Ace allows cases based on video source rather than resolution. If I hadn't done so much customizing on Nox I would probably have switched.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Instead of upgrading to 4.1.9, upgrade to XBMC 13. Cpu usage is greatly reduced in the new version. Nox uses 0% at idle where it used 30-45% on Frodo on the same system.
(2013-12-07, 21:26)wgstarks Wrote: I agree. I was very impressed with the way Ace allows cases based on video source rather than resolution. If I hadn't done so much customizing on Nox I would probably have switched.
Only if this is something that interests you. Regardless of the video source, it's not going to prevent or convince me to watch the movie. So it's just for giggles really.
(2013-12-07, 23:29)StinDaWg Wrote: Instead of upgrading to 4.1.9, upgrade to XBMC 13. Cpu usage is greatly reduced in the new version. Nox uses 0% at idle where it used 30-45% on Frodo on the same system.
Yeah, but is there a working Aeon Nox version for Gotham?
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2013-12-08, 02:03)Maniac Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 23:29)StinDaWg Wrote: Instead of upgrading to 4.1.9, upgrade to XBMC 13. Cpu usage is greatly reduced in the new version. Nox uses 0% at idle where it used 30-45% on Frodo on the same system.

No
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
might be time to find a new skin since it looks like NOX is not going to support Gotham. If they plan to support Gotham they need to release a beta soon as I suspect XBMC 13 will be in Beta by Jan 1.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2013-12-08, 07:33)Livin Wrote: might be time to find a new skin since it looks like NOX is not going to support Gotham. If they plan to support Gotham they need to release a beta soon as I suspect XBMC 13 will be in Beta by Jan 1.

There is work being done to make nox Gotham compatible and a teaser shot was posted in the thread. I'm using confluence with gotham till its ready and it makes me appreciate nox even more Smile
(2013-12-08, 02:03)Maniac Wrote:
I've been using Nox 4.0.9 on Gotham for months and it works just fine. It's missing a few things like being able to change the settings level to expert but you can do this in Confluence and then switch back and it will stick.
I've customised Aeon Nox to exactly how I want it - I certainly might look at other skins if the support for it starts to slow down but for now I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

With regards to Gotham, is it possible to do a parallel install of both Frodo and Gotham so I can try it out without affecting my current installation?
(2013-12-08, 07:33)Livin Wrote: might be time to find a new skin since it looks like NOX is not going to support Gotham. If they plan to support Gotham they need to release a beta soon as I suspect XBMC 13 will be in Beta by Jan 1.

BigNoid has already announced that he is currently working on a Gotham version.

I hate to ask... in here.... as this is not the right place.... and googling hasnt been helpful.... but what are the main reasons to upgrade from Frodo to Gotham?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it worth installing 4.1.9?0