Win Duplicating Movies Menu
Maybe I'm over thinking this but the answer seems to be eluding me. I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

I have a pile of stand up that I'd like to be a separate source so it doesnt junk up my movies section. I really just want to copy the "Movies" menu item and give it a new source. It really seems like this should be cake but I can't figure out how to do it. I went so far as to edit the home.xml file for ace (the name escapes me at the moment) to just copy the Movies menu item. I was able to sucessfully duplicate that but the code in there was so complex I didn't understand how to change a source.

Am I making this far too complicated?

When that didn't work I tried other methods. I made a new source of smb://FREENAS/Windows/Stand up/ and tried to add it via Video Node, Playlist, and even making a smart playlist xsp file. So far none of those options seem to be working. I can get the title to appear on the main menu page after movies and tv shows but when I click on it nothing is listed.

This is what I made as a Smart Playlist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Stand Up</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="is">
        <value>smb://FREENAS/Windows/Stand up/</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</smartplaylist>

In the log it errors out with:

Code:
ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\standup.xsp", "media": "video", "properties": ["title", "originaltitle", "playcount", "year", "genre", "studio", "country", "tagline", "plot", "runtime", "file", "plotoutline", "lastplayed", "trailer", "rating", "resume", "art", "streamdetails", "mpaa", "director", "dateadded"]}, "id": 1}'

When I click on it from the main menu it just shows me one blank DVD cover. Clicking that just opens up the directory structure of where the xps file is stored. I read in another post that smart playlists only work if the files are already in your library? Is that true?

I'd really like to use the ACE skin for this as the "wall" view is mandatory considering my movie collection is rather big but it seems to be more difficult to do something like I need done with it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicating Movies Menu0