Linux GT610 vdpau card - 512 MB or 1GB memory ?
is there any sense to buy GT610 card with 1 GB memory for processing of 1080i HD video ? may be 512 MB will be enough ?

I plan to use vdpau decoding of HD video + temporal spatial deinterlacing + upscaling of SD video.
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Edit:
Sense: No, if you do invest more money. But if the memory is already on the card, it does not harm
1GB - no, 512 MB is enough
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
One sidenote: The Codec Screen is not a valid benchmark. If you see skips, press that "o" once, remember the value and press it again 2 minutes later and check the value again. The codec screen puts remarkable additional load onto the GPU and therefore is not a real world information.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If there is a big difference in price, go for the cheaper one.

However if you want the best deinterlacing, something a cut above GT610 will give better results.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yes. I really want to obtain the best deinterlacing - vdpau temporal spatial and I really believe that GT610 PCI can do it with 1080i video without any problem.
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Suit yourself then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
as it was expected PCI GT610 from Zotac is working well with 1080i temporal spatial

any other test can you propose to be sure in that ?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GT610 vdpau card - 512 MB or 1GB memory ?0