Pass EPG Genre info to ServerWMC
Hi,

I am trying to get the EPG genre colors to show up in XBMC and I can't seem to get it working. The dev of the Live TV mod I am using for Aeon Nox says that the PVR backend has to support passing that info through. How can I do this with ServerWMC?
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
We support the genre codes that are used for color coding EPG, these are two integer fields passed back to kodi for every EPG entry (iGenreType, iGenreSubType). At least that's how confluence does it. Is Nox different? For example:

http://i.imgur.com/BEa96K3.png
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Im not getting that in Nox at all Sad

Is there something Im supposed to change on my end first? I will try on another skin to see if it works there.

Since I have your attention, do you know how to jump back to the current time on a channel after rewinding live TV? Basically, what I am saying is that if I rewind a live TV show and I want to get back to where it currently is on live TV, is there a command or something I can setup on my remote to do that? The playpvrtv action doesn't do it.

Also, is there a way to hide the "importing from EPG" thing everytime I open XBMC?
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
First step would be to switch to confluence and see if epg is color coded. If its not, then there are things to check in swmc, if it is, then its time to talk to the nox folks again and ask them if they use the genretype fields (see my last post) to do their color coding.

I don't know of a button to take you to the newest live tv data (good idea for a feature though), but I would think programming large skip steps would get you there pretty quick.

I can't recall if the EPG info is hide-able, I just know people have asked before. Perhaps some else will remember.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
FWIW, I use Nox. In Nox with no mods, I do have the colors in the guide. Any time I have tried the LiveTV mod, the colors disappear.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
is it possible to watch live tv from anywhere in the world or is it only possible from your own region?
Aussie - Please start a new thread for your question. It will not be able to receive the proper attention here and will probably not be answered.

Thanks.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2014-12-08, 03:01)TechLife Wrote: FWIW, I use Nox. In Nox with no mods, I do have the colors in the guide. Any time I have tried the LiveTV mod, the colors disappear.

Im using the LiveTV mod and this is my problem. No colors. I just switched to confluence and tested, the colors are there. Im using the Warlion Nox 4.19 skin
Well confluence is the out of box default so if any other skin isn't supporting it, it would be great for them (or you?) to add support for Epg colouring using the existing fields provided :-)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-12-09, 13:51)scarecrow420 Wrote: Well confluence is the out of box default so if any other skin isn't supporting it, it would be great for them (or you?) to add support for Epg colouring using the existing fields provided :-)

The funny thing is that the LiveTV mod for Aeon Nox is supposed to support EPG colors, theres even a folder with the colors...but for some reason, they don't show.

Its not a huge deal, but it would be cool Smile

My only complaint is that the timeline bar that goes from the top to the bottom of the EPG really bothers my eyes, especially since its dragging a grey overlay across the EPG. The font is already too small for me to see on the EPG...it kind of makes it worse! Ive been looking up how to remove it from the EPG, but so far, I've found nothing.
I think if you set LingerTime to 0 in the advancedsettings.xml it will remove that bar. Or so i read...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
You just need to put the icons from the subfolders in the main folder, I believe (in the Aeon Nox Live TV update). That's what I did and it worked. I'm sure the XML can be changed to point to the subfolders, but this worked fine, too.
Add

<epg>
<lingertime>0</lingertime>
</epg>

to advancedsettings.xml and the bar will only show within the 1st hour in timeline. Oh and remember to restart Kodi afterwards for it to take effect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pass EPG Genre info to ServerWMC0