• 42(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
I'm new to XBMC and noticed the same thing. I thought I misconfigured XBMC somehow, but thank god I found this thread. Each of my XBMCs shows up as both an audio and a video device on my OS8 iPhone, but attempts to stream a video only send the audio. Sad
Hey Memphiz,

regardless of the status of iOS8 AIrplay beeing supported I did a quick test and got a debug log with airtunes component logging. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=288626
This is an iPhone 5 running iOS 8 beta5 and Windows XBMC Helix alpha 3.

First Youtube Video has sound only with the picture on the iPhone. (Though I waited for the correct annouce and XBMC showing up with a TV symbol).
Second is a video from Camera Roll, which has sound too and the video on the iPhone BUT the first frame is shown still on XBMC (so no music visualization).

Maybe you need it, maybe not Tongue
Do you have any info on whether your last statement about Airplay is still true?
The last statment of mine doesn't change until ios8 is released and jailbroken (because i will not install ios8 on my dev device before i would be able to also debug XBMC on it - which needs the jailbreak as you know).

Beside that - the first frame thingy from camera role is normal behaviour (the first "thumbnail" is transfered as picture - which means pictures will continue to work on iOS8 ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I appreciate all work being done but find it hard to believe that this Airplay is still an issue, its been over a year. Plex has had it working for a while and they aren't half the media center.... heck you can even download a working airplay receiver on Google play store now for android. Doesn't make sense.
I bought the air server app a couple of days ago for my windows xbmc system.. It works great with my iPhone 6 plus and iOS 8. It would be nice if everything was integrated with Xbmc though.
(2014-09-23, 07:38)markus3000 Wrote: I appreciate all work being done but find it hard to believe that this Airplay is still an issue, its been over a year. Plex has had it working for a while and they aren't half the media center.... heck you can even download a working airplay receiver on Google play store now for android. Doesn't make sense.

Mhhh i don't know what you mean? Do you have any problems with airplay? Beside the fact that ios8 breaks airplay compatibility for all open source targets (that includes plex airplay <- which btw is based on my airplay code too...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-09-23, 13:01)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 07:38)markus3000 Wrote: I appreciate all work being done but find it hard to believe that this Airplay is still an issue, its been over a year. Plex has had it working for a while and they aren't half the media center.... heck you can even download a working airplay receiver on Google play store now for android. Doesn't make sense.

Mhhh i don't know what you mean? Do you have any problems with airplay? Beside the fact that ios8 breaks airplay compatibility for all open source targets (that includes plex airplay <- which btw is based on my airplay code too...).

Yes, issues with me have never changed since IOS 7 came out.. Even now on Gotham 13.2 using ios 7.04 iphone 5 ... I have never been able to get anything more than audio on any app. Video just never worked. Am I missing something that I was supposed install in top of Gotham?

What are you talking about?

iOS 7 broke Airplay, it was fixed within a couple of weeks. Those Apple changes broke most AirPlay implementation out there.

Now that iOS 8 has been released, Apple has once again made change breaking unofficial AirPlay application.

And how does Plex handle Airplay ? I'd love to know...
(2014-09-23, 13:52)markus3000 Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 13:01)Memphiz Wrote:

Yes, issues with me have never changed since IOS 7 came out.. Even now on Gotham 13.2 using ios 7.04 iphone 5 ... I have never been able to get anything more than audio on any app. Video just never worked. Am I missing something that I was supposed install in top of Gotham?

If you are using XBMC on android - this is correct and there is no fix for the iOS7 problem. If you are on any other platform the iOS7 problem should be fixed already (and if it doesn't work for you then its something in your network preventing the zeroconf packets to get through or what not. But its definitly not my lazyness on the issue or something like that...).
FWIW, the iPhone doesn't even send an AirPlay request. Nothing hit the server. Only RAOP connections are made.

Like last time, I suspect it to be related to the bonjour advertising. In particular, that FairPlay isn't being broadcast and iOS now enforcing it
(2014-09-23, 14:55)jyavenard Wrote: FWIW, the iPhone doesn't even send an AirPlay request. Nothing hit the server. Only RAOP connections are made.

Like last time, I suspect it to be related to the bonjour advertising. In particular, that FairPlay isn't being broadcast and iOS now enforcing it
You might want to check out the following post and continue the discussion there:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1799748
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
I'm using the NFL Gamepass app and streaming this via AirPlay on my xbmc. Is there any solution for the 5-minutes timeout problem? I've to restart the stream every 5 minutes to keep watching. I guess it's AirPlay related (session problem?).
I read the last 10 pages, but I couldn't find any information about that.
Thanks in advance. Smile

regards
Ironcaught
Its not airplay related its related to the XBMC internal player. Not my area - player dev is MIA - so no there is no solution to changed session cookies and it is no solution in sight either.
Is it common to being able to AirPlay certain things? For instance, I can AirPlay the Twitch app (to my windows 8 computer) without any problems, but NBA Game Time and YouTube does not work.
I'm having problems with AirPlay to Xbmc on win 8.1 with iOS 8.1... I'm only getting audio, no video. Have tried YouTube ans nfl game pass. Any ideas?
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7