• 1(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
test phase is over - thx to all participants.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

Testbuild 1 - win32 (running on win7 x64)

Iphone 5S
Monitor Symbol
Videos (you tube 1080p on iphone) - working
Music (spotify on iphone) - working
Photos (Photos on iPhone)- working

Thank you so much! Very happy user!
On OS X Mavericks I got the following results

1. iPhone 5
2. iOS 7.0.4

Testbuild 1 (version)
3/4: Speaker
5. no
6. no
7.yes

Testbuild 2 (features)
3/4: monitor
5. yes
6. yes
7. yes

Testbuild 3 (name)
3/4 monitor
5. yes
6. yes, but it's displaying the wrong picture from my photo library
7. no, sees xbmc but crashes back to the iphone speakers when playing music
For those trying to download while the mirrors site is down, here is an alternative link (download the 3 files... features, name, and version).

http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/test-b...2/?C=M;O=D

And I'll report my results later today.
I used 3 versions for windows worst that test1 but test1 can't open some stream

test 1
http://pastebin.com/1cBG6s6v //some bug with some stream others ok

test2:
http://pastebin.com/m92FUfx5 //only audio working

test3
http://pastebin.com/7VLCCESi /don't work (mirroring appear)
Using iPhone 5 / iOS 7.0.4
Router: Airport Extreme June 2013

Testbuild 1 (XBMCSetup-20131208-f2db445-airplayios7-version.exe):

- XBMC shows as Full Target in airplay selection
- airplaying YouTube works
- airplaying videos from camera roll doesn't work
- airplaying pictures from camera roll works
- airplaying music works

Testbuild 2 (XBMCSetup-20131208-f4f4a00-airplayios7-features.exe):

- XBMC shows as Full Target in airplay selection
- airplaying YouTube works
- airplaying videos from camera roll works
- airplaying pictures from camera roll works
- airplaying music works

Testbuild 3 (XBMCSetup-20131208-bf97d2f-airplayios7-name.exe):

- XBMC doesn't show up under airplay selection
- Unable to airplay anything
(2013-12-10, 10:22)yallah Wrote: I used 3 versions for windows worst that test1 but test1 can't open some stream

test 1
http://pastebin.com/1cBG6s6v //some bug with some stream others ok

test2:
http://pastebin.com/m92FUfx5 //only audio working

test3
http://pastebin.com/7VLCCESi /don't work (mirroring appear)

useless
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks! Build 2 works perfectly!

1. Which iDevice from Apple are you using (iPad2, iPad3, iPhone4s and so on)
iPhone4. I am running xbmc on OSX 10.9

2. Which exact iOS version are you running on that device (e.x. 7.0.4)

Testbuild 1 (version):

3. Does XBMC show up as an audio only target in the airplay selection (speaker symbol)
no
4. Or does XBMC show up as full target in the airplay selection (monitor symbol)
yes
5. If the latter - does airplaying videos work? (please use the youtube.app for testing - don't post issues with other video apps for now)
no
6. Does airplaying pictures work? (use the photo app or the camera roll please for this test)
yes
7. Does airplaying music work? (don't post if the music stutters or what - as long as the music comes out of XBMC - it is considered "working")
yes

Testbuild 2 (feature):
3. Does XBMC show up as an audio only target in the airplay selection (speaker symbol)
no
4. Or does XBMC show up as full target in the airplay selection (monitor symbol)
yes
5. If the latter - does airplaying videos work? (please use the youtube.app for testing - don't post issues with other video apps for now)
yes
6. Does airplaying pictures work? (use the photo app or the camera roll please for this test)
yes
7. Does airplaying music work? (don't post if the music stutters or what - as long as the music comes out of XBMC - it is considered "working")
yes

Testbuild 3 (name):
no
yes
no
no
no

I did notice some strangeness though. I installed build2, opened it, and it appeared as audio-only. Quit and started it again, and then it was audio+video. build3 opened as audio+video, but did not work. After that, I quit and opened it three times, but my iphone did not see any airplay target.
(2013-12-10, 17:42)AxisNL Wrote: I did notice some strangeness though. I installed build2, opened it, and it appeared as audio-only. Quit and started it again, and then it was audio+video. build3 opened as audio+video, but did not work. After that, I quit and opened it three times, but my iphone did not see any airplay target.

Thats why i wrote

Quote:Also when you switch between the different test versions please reboot your involved routers and the iDevice. Else the results might be missleading.

Thx to the participants so far. I wait for some more feedback (i know that there are some users with older iOS7 versions then 7.0.4 and would like to wait for their feedback aswell).

Keep them coming Wink
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread, but I'm still having issues with the original fix that changes all three variables. Before the fix, my rpi running openelec would either display as an audio or video target (though audio was much more common), but it would at least always show up in the menu. After the fix, the rpi only occasionally shows up in the airplay menu, though when it does, it's at least always a video target. Toggling wifi on the device will eventually show the rpi, though this often takes many tries. Toggling wifi would also eventually show a video target before the fix, at similar levels of success, so I'm not sure if that's related.

As I haven't seen any other reports of this, it might just be some issue with my particular setup, though I have rebooted the router and ios devices, and the airplay fix was one of only a few changes in between the most recent MilhouseVH test builds. This is with an ipad and iphone on 7.0.4
noted...
None of the three builds gave me consistent behavior, as toggling wifi in control center (turning off until airplay icon disappeared, then turning back on) would randomly switch between two states. Testbuild 3 gives me the same behavior as I noted in my previous post (sometimes not displayed at all, sometimes full target). Testbuild 1 behavior is similar to what I was seeing on my rpi prior to the fix. Testbuilds 2 and 3 full targets would show a mirroring toggle, which I did not enable (the original fix on my rpi with all three variables changed does not show a mirroring toggle. edit: looks like the fix in newclock3 doesn't alter NetworkServices.cpp). These were all with the win32 builds, tested on an iphone5 with 7.0.4, with router and phone restarts in between

#3/4 results of toggling wifi 10 times
#5-7 only when I was able to choose full target

Testbuild 1 (changed announced protocol version):
3/4. audio-only: 7; full (no mirroring toggle): 3
5. yes
6. yes
7. yes

Testbuild 2 (changed announced feature bits):
3/4. audio-only: 7; full (w/ mirroring toggle): 3
5. yes
6. yes
7. yes

Testbuild 3 (changed announced name):
3/4. not displayed: 5; full (w/ mirroring toggle): 5
5. yes
6. yes, though wrong pictures when swiping through
7. no
@catkinso i removed your posts as those are useless to me. Only tests done with the builds posted above are usefull. There are no testbuilds for rapsberry Pi because those are not built with our continuous integration server.

I repeat - raspberry pi users are not of any help in this thread - please stop asking questions in here - i want this thread to be clean with test results and i will continue deleting unrelated posts...
Hi Memphiz,

I have the opportunity to test airplay on iOS 7.0.4 using an iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S, iPad 3, iPad Air and a MacBook Pro running OSX Mavericks. To do so, I need a Linux i686 build for my XBMC device. Could you provide a Linux i686 build?

Thanks for your effort to get this nasty bug fixed! We really need airplay back.

Kind regards!
I am not able to deliver linux builds of my test branches. Its just because those versions need to be compiled for the used linux distribution and this would just exceed my good will. The only option for you would be to compile it on your own. The sources can be found here:

https://github.com/memphiz/xbmc/tree/air...7-features

https://github.com/memphiz/xbmc/tree/airplayios7-name

https://github.com/memphiz/xbmc/tree/air...s7-version

There is a howto for compiling in the tree (docs/README.linux or docs/README.ubuntu).

Sry - but the builds in the first post are all the platforms i can support for this test.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7