Xbmc 12.3

[iPad 3] 1. Device
[iOS 7.0.3] 2. iOS version
[no] 3. Audio only
[yes] 4. Video target (YouTube app)
[yes] 5. airplay video
[yes] 6. airplay pictures
[no] 7. airplay music
No airplay available until I am in Safari and find an embedded YouTube video. Then airplay pops up. After that I can airplay pictures and video, no audio.

[iPhone 4s] 1. Device
[iOS 7.0.4] 2. iOS version
[no] 3. Audio only
[no] 4. Video target (YouTube app)
[no] 5. airplay video
[no] 6. airplay pictures
[no] 7. airplay music
No airplay for anything

[iPhone 5] 1. Device
[iOS 6.1.4] 2. iOS version
[yes] 3. Audio only
[yes] 4. Video target (YouTube app)
[yes] 5. airplay video
[yes] 6. airplay pictures
[yes] 7. airplay music
Airplay for everything
I tried test build 4 on Windows 7 x64 with these devices:

1. iPhone 4S
2. 7.0.4
3. AirPlay Music icon shows up (boxes) when playing a video in YouTube app. only the music gets streamed.
4. No AirPlay Video icon.
5. AirPlay Video does not work. Streaming the video is impossible.
6. When viewing a picture, AirPlay Video icon shows up and the picture gets streamed correctly.
7. AirPlay music works fine.

1. iPhone 5S
2. 7.0.4
3. AirPlay Music icon shows up (boxes) when playing a video in YouTube app. only the music gets streamed.
4. No AirPlay Video icon.
5. AirPlay Video does not work. Streaming the video is impossible.
6. When viewing a picture, AirPlay Video icon does not show. AirPlay picture is not possible.

1. iPad Air
2. 7.0.4
3, 4, 5: AirPlay Video icon shows up (monitor) when playing a video in YouTube app. The video gets streamed.
6. When viewing a picture, AirPlay Video icon shows up. AirPlay picture works.
Additional info: AirPlay Mirroring does not work.
Hi, i hope you'll get this fixed soon

OS X Mavericks 10.9.1
Cisco router EPC 3825 router

1. iPhone 5S
2. iOS 7.0.4

Testbuild 1
3/4. (Icon) Monitor
5. (Youtube) Yes
6. (Pictures) Yes
7. (Music) Yes

Testbuild 2
3/4. Speaker -By turning airplay off/ON from settings it shows as monitor and Mirroring comes up -> connection refuses and back to speaker.

5. Yes Audio Only
6. No
7. Yes

Testbuild 3
3/4. Monitor with mirroring
5. no
6. no
7. no
->Connection fails immediately after pressing play

Testbuild 4
3/4. Speaker(usually) - But when clicking Airplay off/ON it may be Monitor(With mirroring that crashes system) All below work then

5. Yes Audio only
6. No
7. Yes
-> XBMC visible after turning Airplay Off/On from settings

Builds 2 and 4 work like build 1 if I manually turn AirPlay off/ON from settings, otherwise speaker icon.

Btw is the airplay announcement done by your(Memphiz's) scrip.xbmc.airplay python script?
I downloaded the 'airplayios7-featuresversion' branch from you repos and complied it on an Ubuntu 13.10 x64. Unfortunately the AirPlay icon does not shows up on this version, even if the AirPlay is set off and on again in the settings page. Running back the 12.3 version on the same machine turns the AirPlay music icon (box) back.

To make sure I have followed the right workflow, here is what I exacly have done:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get build-dep xbmc
git clone https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc -b airplayios7-featuresversion xbmc
cd xbmc
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/home/odyssey/usr
make -j2
make install
Everything compiled/installed without any errors. I then edited the PREFIX in /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone to follow the new PREFIX. (Because I want to keep the 12.3 version intact).

reboot

xbmc 13.10 prealpha runs ok.
AirPlay icon does not shows up in iPad Air
Reset the AirPlay option in the settings page
AirPlay icon still does not show up in iPad Air.

Please let me know if you need more info.
Used Testbuild 2 on Windows 7 x64:
To confirm: airplay was not working with XBMC anymore since the iOS 7 updates.

1. iPad mini, iPad 2
2. iPad mini: 7.0.4, iPad 2: 7.0.2
3. NO
4. YES
5. YES
6. YES
7. YES

In short: Testbuild 2 fixed the complete issue for me. If it would not work, I would be happy to test other versions, but because it is working now, I do not want to touch my installation again. (I did register on the forum, just to post the result.) If there are questions about the full set up, logs or anything, let me know.
Thank you very much for the hard work.
(2014-01-06, 19:42)Hann1bal Wrote: Used Testbuild 2 on Windows 7 x64:

1. iPad mini, iPad 2
2. iPad mini: 7.0.4, iPad 2: 7.0.2
3. NO
4. YES
5. YES
6. YES
7. YES

In short: Testbuild 2 fixed the complete issue for me. If it would not work, I would be happy to test other versions, but because it is working now, I do not want to touch my installation again. (I did register on the forum, just to post the result.) If there are questions about the full set up, logs or anything, let me know.
Thank you very much for the hard work.

And a day later it doesn't work anymore....
All but video works. Youtube and other video players now only send sound to XBMC.

The only thing changed (but it was working yesterday after the change) is that I enabled audio passthrough again for DTS and DD. Changing it back and disable it does not resolve it either.

I wonder what changed so that it works before and then a day later it doesn't work.
(2014-01-06, 19:42)Hann1bal Wrote: In short: Testbuild 2 fixed the complete issue for me. If it would not work, I would be happy to test other versions, but because it is working now, I do not want to touch my installation again.

I agree with Hann1bal that Testbuild 2 (features fix) is the best option so far.

Memphiz, could you please add this fix to the nightlies so we can enjoy the other fixes as well? (XBMC Version check is nagging me to update.)
Nope. This needs proper fixing. If i get some time i want to do a table out of the test results to get a better overview. Thx so far to all the testers which posted the requested information.

It all seems that the announced bits is not the whole story. It might be an active connection probing or something else which is not handled in XBMC but makes the other implementations work. Sadly this is something i have to investigate myself as it results in network sniffing. Sadly again i am still not having an ios7 device and am yet struggling to request one from the foundation ...

This whole issue needs to be understood and at the moment it looks so fuckin random that i believe we triggered some sort of flaw in apples ios7 code. This randomness can't be by intention imo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,

I have been following this thread for a while and I am suffering from this error as well.

The first thing I noticed was (according to a previous reply) that XBMC uses a different port than e.g. AppleTV. A test with airplay server on the same port (7000) would be interesting. A few services seems to be hardcoded when looking into Apples protocols....

I own quite a few IOS devices, including an AppleTV, so if I can provide some wireshark logs, would that help? Comparing the communication from an IOS7 device towards AppleTV versus XBMC from the IOS7 devices boot would probably reveal interesting things.
The 2 ports we use in xbmc (airtunes - audio and airplay - video/pictures) can be changed via advancedsettings.xml.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...nesport.3E if you wanna try that.

Those wireshark logs between ios only devices/atv2 won't help that much as all the communication is encrypted via airplay nowadays. What you would need to catch would be communication between ios7 device and XBMC to see if it trys to connect somewhere we don't listen. The hard part will be to catch that moment. As there is no real user interaction involved when the airplay targets are fetched by the client. (the real streaming is not important here as it fails far before obviously).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, yes.

That is why logging when (re)starting the device would most likely catch the ios7 device fetching airplay targets...
(2014-01-07, 18:20)pette Wrote: Ok, yes.

That is why logging when (re)starting the device would most likely catch the ios7 device fetching airplay targets...

Agreed - and if you have any devices still on iOS6 then a capture against xbmc would be helpful too. I hope these captures would also help me work out why Ubuntu builds aren't working with AirPlay at all...

thanks
(2014-01-07, 09:43)Hann1bal Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 19:42)Hann1bal Wrote: Used Testbuild 2 on Windows 7 x64:

And a day later it doesn't work anymore....
All but video works. Youtube and other video players now only send sound to XBMC.

The only thing changed (but it was working yesterday after the change) is that I enabled audio passthrough again for DTS and DD. Changing it back and disable it does not resolve it either.

I wonder what changed so that it works before and then a day later it doesn't work.

And today it's working again. Seems all very random. I do have to say that before installing test build 2 it never worked since the ios7 update, which implies that you fixed something in that build. The big question is why it seems so random. Only difference with my post earlier today is another boot up of the xbmc media player (I always switch it off)

Edit: only worked once and tried again later and only sound again. Multiple reboots of both iPads and xbmc, but nothing that could fix it. Seems so random. Odd.
Well, started to do some logging, and then I wanted to compare with ATV2. Now it seems like I can't see my AppleTV2 as an airplay target at all.... On an IOS6 device it looks properly though. They (Apple) must have fucked something up i IOS7.

I will try to update my ATV2, since it runs the last jailbreaked version (atleast two years old)....
(2014-01-07, 19:55)pette Wrote: Well, started to do some logging, and then I wanted to compare with ATV2. Now it seems like I can't see my AppleTV2 as an airplay target at all.... On an IOS6 device it looks properly though. They (Apple) must have fucked something up i IOS7.

I will try to update my ATV2, since it runs the last jailbreaked version (atleast two years old)....

I have found out that iOS 7 breaks backwards compatibility with older versions of AirServer, versions that worked fine on iOS 6. It broke everything else but picture support
Also, some nightly mac builds work differently with airplay than others, even tough github show no changes in code.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7