• 22(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
Using the latest nightly of Gotham, I am able to send Airplay audio and video from iTunes 11.1.3 on OS X Mavericks. However, no matter what order I try, I'm not able to get airplay to show up at all on my iPhone 4s, running 7.0.4. If I run AirServer on my Mac, it'll pop up on my phone, so I know the problem isn't with my phone or the network.

I even tried setting up Avahi in the same way as AirServer, like shown below from einhander. When I did this, the airplay icon would show up for video on iTunes (even if xbmc wasn't running) but I still didn't see anything at all in iOS.

Is it possible this problem is related with the general one of showing only an audio device?

(2014-02-03, 18:05)einhänder Wrote: @Memphiz
Ok, then I just keep that in mind for now.

Currently I'm testing alternative service announcement configurations.
On an OS X system I use AirServer.app which works without any problems together with iOS7.XX. I just copied its announcement data and reused it for XBMC's Airtunes/Play service. As a result my iOS7 device lists both, the "custom" service announcement and XBMC's builtin service announcement. The difference is that the "custom" service announcement seems to identify XBMC as an Airplay device correctly and constantly. I have this running since a couple of hours and until now it seems not to fall back into an AirTunes only state. I'll observe that during the next days and will report back if it runs in a constantly stable condition.

cat /etc/avahi/services/airtunes.service
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone='no'?><!--*-nxml-*-->
<!DOCTYPE service-group SYSTEM "avahi-service.dtd">
<service-group>
    <name replace-wildcards="yes">MACADDRESSWITHOUTSEPARATORS@%h</name>
    <service>
        <type>_raop._tcp</type>
        <port>36666</port>
        <txt-record>ss=16</txt-record>
        <txt-record>rhd=5.0.3</txt-record>
        <txt-record>sr=44100</txt-record>
        <txt-record>ch=2</txt-record>
        <txt-record>sv=false</txt-record>
        <txt-record>vs=150.33</txt-record>
        <txt-record>md=0,1,2</txt-record>
        <txt-record>vn=65537</txt-record>
        <txt-record>txtvers=1</txt-record>
        <txt-record>am=AppleTV3,2</txt-record>
        <txt-record>pw=false</txt-record>
        <txt-record>vv=1</txt-record>
        <txt-record>tp=UDP</txt-record>
        <txt-record>sf=0x4</txt-record>
        <txt-record>da=true</txt-record>
        <txt-record>cn=1,2,3</txt-record>
        <txt-record>et=0,3,5</txt-record>
    </service>
</service-group>

cat /etc/avahi/services/airplay.service:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone='no'?><!--*-nxml-*-->
<!DOCTYPE service-group SYSTEM "avahi-service.dtd">
<service-group>
    <name replace-wildcards="yes">%h</name>
    <service>
        <type>_airplay._tcp</type>
        <port>36667</port>
        <txt-record>model=AppleTV3,2</txt-record>
        <txt-record>features=0x100029ff</txt-record>
        <txt-record>deviceid=MACADDRESS</txt-record>
        <txt-record>rhd=5.0.3</txt-record>
        <txt-record>vv=1</txt-record>
        <txt-record>srcvers=150.33</txt-record>
    </service>
</service-group>
@JazJon - be warned this is not the free airserver advertisement thread. I deleted your posts. Not sure if you are working for airserver or not and i don't care. But Posting how good airserver (a non Free Software!) is in a thread where Open Source minded People are trying to fix apples shit - is a level of commercial ignorance i will not tolerate.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My Apologizes, just trying to spark some ideas on the reverse engineering game. (understood though) Keep up the good open source work
The last experimental build (9) posted on this thread is working very well for me so far on my Mac. I'll give it a try on my Ouya over the weekend.
Youtube and HTML5 based players play well when "beamed" from my ipad air (ios 7.0.4) to my computer. But the strangest of things happens when I'm trying to "beam" xbmc content *from* my ipad *to* my PC. It is recognized as mere sound.

I'm running the latest nightly in both devices, and I find it most perplexing because every other app works wonderfully instead of XBMC itself. In other words XBMC cannot co-operate well with its very own IOS iteration while it can well "see" youtube or html5 based videos... How strange is that?

edit: The same story is true when both of the versions in this thread are being used -instead- too...
(2014-03-01, 18:51)Steven185 Wrote: But the strangest of things happens when I'm trying to "beam" xbmc content *from* my ipad *to* my PC. It is recognized as mere sound.

What xbmc content were you trying to airplay? If it wasn't content that the iPad could play natively (basically in Apples 'videos' app e.g. mp4, movs, m4v etc), then all you will get is sound. This is a limitation of Apples Airplay and not xbmc. For 'beaming' xbmc content to another instance of xbmc you might want to look into the in-development UPnP 'play-to' feature.
(2014-03-02, 01:30)Platypus2 Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 18:51)Steven185 Wrote: But the strangest of things happens when I'm trying to "beam" xbmc content *from* my ipad *to* my PC. It is recognized as mere sound.

What xbmc content were you trying to airplay? If it wasn't content that the iPad could play natively (basically in Apples 'videos' app e.g. mp4, movs, m4v etc), then all you will get is sound. This is a limitation of Apples Airplay and not xbmc. For 'beaming' xbmc content to another instance of xbmc you might want to look into the in-development UPnP 'play-to' feature.

MP4s mostly. Anyhow solved it by mirroring my ipad to the screen but I had to use a different airplay server.
If mirroring was (ever) to be included to the air play server embedded on XBMC it would be a great day indeed...
Test 9 works great on iPhone 4-5S with 7.0-7.06 is this patch included in the Gotham Beta version?
nope - its to vague
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-03-04, 12:50)Memphiz Wrote: nope - its to vague

Does test 9 use this branch:
https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/commits/...leannounce

or are there other changes?
nope thats it.
@Memphiz, do you think I should wait for another release to fix airplay problem ?
I don't understand that question. What is your other option beside waiting?
Is there any files available i can try with my Raspberry pie, running openelec?

Currently the airplay icon is not visible on my Ipad 2, running IOS 7.xx and the airplay is VERY unstable on my Iphone 5, running IOS 6.xx (some times the airplay sound icon is visible, some times it isnt)..
Hello,

Today I install xbmc beta1 on my hdmi android stick.

Streaming youtube from my ipad 3 IOS 6.1.3 no problem.

Streaming youtube from my iphone 4S IOS 7.0.6 problem it is only audio icon and plays only audio.

How can I help?
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7