• 24(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
is there any way to add this workaround for Frodo 12 in Windows? I use several Xbmc in my home, all connected to Sql database and I dont want to update to Gotham betas yet.
Someone would need to backport the patch and compile it. Nothing offical TeamXBMC will do (as frodo will not receive any more bugfixes).

But i would need some more feedback if this solution works so we can add it to gotham (which might be to late already though).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So far it sort of works for me. After a device has been idle it drops back to the audio only icon, however if I select the audio only icon it changes back to a video icon at that moment and seems to work, which seems a bit kludgey. I need to test it a bit more though.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Well i tested it on an ipad mini retina running ios 7.0.4 ... (i just swipe up the control center and open the airplay list - watching that list during XBMC startup i first see the audio/ipod only symbol and after 10 secs it changes into a monitor symbol).

You call your behaviour "sort of works"? Why? Only because ios dosn't seem to refresh that icon for you without touching it? ^^
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-03-13, 16:44)Memphiz Wrote: Well i tested it on an ipad mini retina running ios 7.0.4 ... (i just swipe up the control center and open the airplay list - watching that list during XBMC startup i first see the audio/ipod only symbol and after 10 secs it changes into a monitor symbol).

You call your behaviour "sort of works"? Why? Only because ios dosn't seem to refresh that icon for you without touching it? ^^
No need to get so defensive...I'm trying to provide feedback here.

No, I'm not talking about watching the Airplay status when XBMC boots - it would already show as a video device on first boot without this new hack. It's after being left for some time that it would revert to showing as an audio device.

What I'm talking about is XBMC is already running and has been for some time - a device joins the wireless network and I use air play video. Then some time later (XBMC has been running the whole time) I wake the device to use it again and it is reported as an audio device again. Or another device joins the network and only sees it as an audio device. (Yes I waited more than 10 seconds)

So yes, it sort of works. As I said, I need to do more testing because it takes some time before it drops back from a video device to an audio device each time.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
I've been running testbuild 10 (Win7) since yesterday and unfortunately I did experience an issue.

It happened to me twice that the video icon wouldn't show up on my iPhone (iOS 7.1).
I wasn't able to airplay any audio when that happened: I could select the audio icon, but it would switch back to iPhone when I press Play.
Switching wifi off/on didn't help.
@DBMandrake - well it wasn't ment to be read deffensive - i just wanted to know if there is something Else why you called it "sort Off works"

@AussieFries - you would need to Run wireshark on one of your PCs in the Network an Filter for traffic to the ip 224.0.0.251 - you See a "flush txt Record" Message each 10 secs - if not - the Patch isn't working
I just installed the latest build from page 1 (fresh install) on my test rig and for me sending airplay video from ipad 3/4 or air from youtube to xbmc crashes xbmc right away.
I am on win7 x64. log attached.
http://pastebin.com/v8zaRL7F
@sanity - your crash is unrelated to airplay. Its only important if the airplay icon is shown as monitor or as ipod.

Code:
17:43:08 T:4604   ERROR: DXVA - failed executing m_service->CreateVideoDecoder(m_input, &m_format , m_context->cfg , m_context->surface , m_context->surface_count , &m_decoder) at line 872 with error 80004005
17:43:08 T:4604   ERROR: Unhandled exception in Process : Access violation at 0x6a41a47e: Writing location 0x00000000

Turn off dxva hardware decoding if you want to continue testing ... if not try a nightly build and see if that crashes for you too. If that also crashes (e.x. with playing some random mkv file) - please open a new thread in the windows section with your logs...
Thank you Memphiz. Disabling dxva did the trick. Youtube, Viaplay, Svt play all streams fine now Smile
Now if I only knew how to implement this on my Frodo setups. Or should I grab the bull by the horn and upgrade all 4 units at home to Gotham.. hmm.
I am not sure if all my mods and plugins will work in Gotham yet. Airplay is important though Smile
Just get someone from the community to do a build for you Wink - but please try so in a dedicated thread if you think you really need to do so.
The latest Gotham nightly seems to be working for me. Bravo! I can now play VIdeos from my iPhone 5S to XBMC WIndows 8.1 HTPC.

Is there any chance to get Mirroring working? In the past, I had AIrServer running side by side with XBMC. If I ever needed to MIrror the iPhone I'd pick "HTPC" (which is the broadcast name from AirServer). Anything else I'd pick "XBMC (HTPC)" which is the broadcast of XBMC'' (both worked side by side)

Now when I launch XBMC, AirServer quits. If I relaunch AIrServer it says it found a conflicting app, and asks if I want to close it. (clicking yes closes XBMC)

So again unless Mirroring is a possibility, I'd like to try and get both AirServer and XBMC AIrPlay working side by side like it used to. Are things done differently now that are preventing two AirPlay emulators running side by side in Windows?
Test10
1. Which iDevice from Apple are you using (iPad2, iPad3, iPhone4s and so on)
iPhone 5S
2. Which exact iOS version are you running on that device (e.x. 7.0.4)
3. Does XBMC show up as an audio only target in the airplay selection (speaker symbol)
no
4. Or does XBMC show up as full target in the airplay selection (monitor symbol)
yes
5. If the latter - does airplaying videos work? (please use the youtube.app for testing - don't post issues with other video apps for now)
there was initiall a buffering issue, probably my network, but then fine
6. Does airplaying pictures work? (use the photo app or the camera roll please for this test)
yes
7. Does airplaying music work? (don't post if the music stutters or what - as long as the music comes out of XBMC - it is considered "working")
yes

Thanks.

I just read above that the latest Gotham works, I will try that later, thanks.
Can confirm that test 10 that worked prior to updating My iPhone 5 to ios 7.1. After the upgrade XBMC is back to only being displayed as a audio device.
Have restarted all devices after the upgrade.
@JazJon - nightly builds don't have the fix yet - so what you are seeing is not my fix. And i don't know what airserver does here - but its clearly their code that thinks that there is a conflict. So nothing we can do about (and no - we don't do anything different in airpay since a long time - looks like they don't like us anymore ...). And no - mirroring will not work in xbmc unless fairplay encryption is hacked and provided as an open source implementation (i don't know how often i should repeat this tbh.).
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7