• 28(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
Yes it is working with openelec builds from milhouse and in a couple of days with stock openelec builds and i bet raspbmc has pulled the fix in too or is short before. Damn can we stop bringing that thread up again? I get a heart attack each time Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-25, 21:24)dantaylorseo Wrote: Sorry Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Nope its already gone from the mirrors.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sorry for the heart attack Wink
good to know that the team managed to fix it.
So I will just need to download the images of Raspbmc or Openelec on their official website and I will be good ?
(2014-03-25, 23:21)bobby8921 Wrote: So I will just need to download the images of Raspbmc or Openelec on their official website and I will be good ?

Stable (frodo) raspbmc or openelec won't have it. I *think* the fix is in openelec gotham beta 2.
It is definitely in latest milhouse (openelec) and miappa (raspbmc) builds.
Is there any way to verify the fix is in the build ? A file with a timestamp or something ?
Any Gotham build of XBMC from 23 March onwards will contain this fix, as PR4414 was merged on 22 March.

PR4414 is not in OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 1 (built 6 March) but a version of PR4414 (with the Avahi crash bug) is in OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 2 (built 15 March). OE 4.0 Beta nightlies created after 22 March will contain the merged version of PR4414. Other test builds of OpenELEC Gotham and Raspbmc include the merged PR4414.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-03-26, 11:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: Any Gotham build of XBMC from 23 March onwards will contain this fix, as PR4414 was merged on 22 March.

PR4414 is not in OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 1 (built 6 March) but a version of PR4414 (with the Avahi crash bug) is in OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 2 (built 15 March). OE 4.0 Beta nightlies created after 22 March will contain the merged version of PR4414. Other test builds of OpenELEC Gotham and Raspbmc include the merged PR4414.

Thanks for your reply.
In that case, I use a OE4.0 Beta nighlies created on 25 march (which should have PR4414) and the XBMC device is still seen as "audio only" from the IOS 7.1 devices.
To me it does seems that the issue is not yet fixed.
Should I perform some specific resets at XBMC level, because I upgraded from openelec 3.2.4. ?
Not sure if this is related, but I ran into a particularly nasty bug related to airplay recently.

forked-daapd is being actively developed again, and it allows for airplay targets to be used. However selecting an XBMC client immediately crashes the clients. It is difficult to provide anything meaningful by way of logs as the crash is immediate, but I shall be trying to get some further information and may file a proper bug report thereafter, but I wanted to check if this might be a known issue.

https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked-daapd/issues/18

Quote:Selecting an XBMC client as airplay target using IOS7 apple remote immediately crashes the client. Using remote with iTunes library does work as expected.

Tested with:
XBMC 12.3 and 13 beta 2
ubuntu 12.04 and osx 10.9.2
(2014-03-26, 11:52)darkm00n Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 11:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: Any Gotham build of XBMC from 23 March onwards will contain this fix, as PR4414 was merged on 22 March.

Thanks for your reply.
In that case, I use a OE4.0 Beta nighlies created on 25 march (which should have PR4414) and the XBMC device is still seen as "audio only" from the IOS 7.1 devices.
Should I perform some specific resets at XBMC level, because I upgraded from openelec 3.2.4. ?
"Seen" as an audio device in the list maybe, but did you actually try to play video to it ? iOS 7.1 does not dynamically update the status of the icon in the list like iOS 7.0x did. For example I sometimes see it as an audio icon if the iOS device has been asleep for a while, but when I click on the icon it changes from an audio icon to video icon and starts working. Also keep in mind it can take up to 10 seconds for the iOS device to update XBMC from an audio to a video device after it is first discovered - that's the nature of the workaround as it sends updates every 10 seconds.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-03-26, 11:54)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 11:52)darkm00n Wrote:

Thanks for your reply.
"Seen" as an audio device in the list maybe, but did you actually try to play video to it ? iOS 7.1 does not dynamically update the status of the icon in the list like iOS 7.0x did. For example I sometimes see it as an audio icon if the iOS device has been asleep for a while, but when I click on the icon it changes from an audio icon to video icon and starts working. Also keep in mind it can take up to 10 seconds for the iOS device to update XBMC from an audio to a video device after it is first discovered - that's the nature of the workaround as it sends updates every 10 seconds.

Seems to me that even if I click on the icon on 7.1 it does not change to video device.
I'll conduct additional test tonight and will update you later in this thread.
Ok, I tried tonight :

Running OpenElec 4.0 Beta 2 (build 15 March) --> No video Icon in Airplay. Not possible to run airplay audio or airplay video

Running OE 4.0 Beta Nightlies (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20140326141453-r18012-ged98393 build 26 March) --> No video Icon in Airplay. Not possible to run airplay audio or airplay video

I resetted both times to all default parameters, no changes.
I tried with 2 IOS7.1 devices, same results.

I guess the problem is still there with IOS 7.1.

With OpenElec 3.2.4, I was able to get audio through Airplay but not video. Now with OE4 Gotham 13.0B3, nothing is going through Airplay..

Any advices ?
Can Anyone Else with ios 7.1 confirm?
Working fine here sending from iOS 7.1 to XBMC.
Tested sending to XBMC on OSX (nightly from 25th) and Raspbmc (test build).
I have also only seen positive reports in the Raspbmc test build thread and at Raspbmc forum.

Maybe something with that particular OE nightly?
(2014-03-27, 09:49)Memphiz Wrote: Can Anyone Else with ios 7.1 confirm?

Sometimes the video icon won't come back after my system resumes from sleep mode.

I solved this with a batch script that restarts Network Connection and Bonjour services before XBMC is started.
Hi all,

Just a quick one. A month or so back I tried an alpha build of Gotham for Windows and did some pretty thorough testing of airplay and it all worked 100% of the time (unlike Frodo). I have just grabbed beta 2 and airplay is intermittently falling back to audio now. This may be due to Gotham changes, but I have also upgraded my iOS from 7.0 to 7.1.

I am using an iPhone 5s and iPad 2 with iOS 7.1 (11D167). If I turn off wifi and re-enable, there is usually a 50% chance it will come back with video. Takes a few goes. If it comes up with video, streaming video will pretty much work guaranteed.

I have tested beta 2, and also the nightly build for windows 20140326-342c737.

Don't know if this is useful at all. I'm mainly waiting for Gotham so I can use Airplay, so anything I can do to help, I will..
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7