• 29(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
(2014-03-27, 16:47)mirata Wrote: Just a quick one. A month or so back I tried an alpha build of Gotham for Windows and did some pretty thorough testing of airplay and it all worked 100% of the time (unlike Frodo). I have just grabbed beta 2 and airplay is intermittently falling back to audio now. This may be due to Gotham changes, but I have also upgraded my iOS from 7.0 to 7.1.

I am using an iPhone 5s and iPad 2 with iOS 7.1 (11D167). If I turn off wifi and re-enable, there is usually a 50% chance it will come back with video. Takes a few goes. If it comes up with video, streaming video will pretty much work guaranteed.

I have tested beta 2, and also the nightly build for windows 20140326-342c737.
Not sure about that particular windows build (where did you download it from, and was it part of the master branch or gotham branch ?) but beta 2 definitely does not have the fix included.
Quote:Don't know if this is useful at all. I'm mainly waiting for Gotham so I can use Airplay, so anything I can do to help, I will..
Just use Memphiz's test build 10 linked at the beginning of this thread in the mean time, until the next Beta (hopefully) includes it ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
My bad. I grabbed the file from page 1 and it does indeed work. Comes up as an audio source, but if I wait the 10 or so seconds, click cancel, then airplay again it seems to reliably come up as video. Not ideal, but consistent.

My god, airplay seems like a pain in the a$$ for you guys. I for one certainly appreciate your efforts to get it working.
(2014-03-27, 17:31)mirata Wrote: My bad. I grabbed the file from page 1 and it does indeed work. Comes up as an audio source, but if I wait the 10 or so seconds, click cancel, then airplay again it seems to reliably come up as video. Not ideal, but consistent.
You don't even have to cancel out and go back in. I usually find that as long as the device has been awake and connected to wifi for more than 10 seconds before I go to the airplay tab, even though it might show as audio, the instant I tap on it it changes to video and works fine. It's just iOS 7.1 doesn't update the status of the icon by itself until the list is closed and reopened, but it still "knows" that its a video device after it receives the updated broadcast.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
That's good to know, I'll try it out. Thanks
OpenElec 3.95.2 BETA2 airplay works. video with sound on old iOS devise running iOS 6.1.6 (iPod 4.gen)

Not working with iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.

os it seams like an iOS 7.1 isue.
I got airplay working on OpenElec 3.95.2 BETA2. I further more adjusted "Keep audio device alive" to off. This solved some issues with playing and stopping audio through airplay, where xbmc would start etc etc.

But i have found a bug in the airplay, and i don't know where to submit.

1) I play some music through airplay, from my IOS 7.0.6 device, with volume adjusted to 50%. - Everything works great!
2) During playback i enter my photo folder on the Iphone (The foto is then played on XBMC - during the music playback)
3) I exit the photo app on my Iphone - The photo diasapear on XBMC, then after about 1sec, the volume increases to 100% automatically (Instead of 50%)
The volume slider on the iphone is still at 50%, but XBMC outputs at 100%. If i double tab the slider on 50% on the iphone, the volume drops to 50% in XBMC again?

This is deffently a bug...
Video 
Ubuntu 13.04

install avahi:
# sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon

edit avahi config:
# sudo nano /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf

enable and change the following setting (remove the leading # symbol to uncomment):

[reflector]
enable-reflector=yes

reboot ubuntu.
# sudo shutdown -r now

also be sure to permit LAN airplay traffic in ubuntu firewall:

# sudo ufw allow from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.1.0/24 port 36666
# sudo ufw allow from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.1.0/24 port 36667

Nod
Video playback with audio is working on OpenElec 3.95.2 and the new 3.95.3 but i've noticed two issues regarding Airplay:

2) Several ios 7 apps reports that the airplay software (on the receiving end) needs upgrading.
1) Plying with subtitles does not work thus it may be related to the first point above.
--
Hi, installed Gotham Beta 3 and Airplay Music and Picture works like a charm. But i can not play videos over Airplay. Videos (from iPhone5s) will show first picture and after pressing play button xvmc jupms back to home menu, All with iOS 7.1 and iPhone 5s with XBMC on Linux machine.
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Client: Kodi Leia on Shield 16GB Client: RP2 Libreelec Kodi Leia
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
i will post it .. sorry ...
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Ok I installed beta 3, and I was testing ios 7.1 iPad airplay, xbmc is installed on win 7 pro pc on ethernet connection.

The problem with play youtube app the xbmc will play video first but when I choose another video the buffer stars on xbmc then it frozen on zero buffer after one min the xbmc keeps reloading the video for two times then disconnects after back to home screen. Also the buttons on youtube app frozen and the progress bar always stuck at zero.

Here is my log hope will help.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=164456

Cheers
here my log.

First start Video from photo app. Then from Youtube App no success. Then Airplay Music without error.
iPhone 5s
iOS7.1
Linux version 3.2.0-60-generic (buildd@toyol) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)
XBMC 13 Beta 3

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=164496
@Perlbo - you are missing libplist which is required for airplay

Code:
Unable to load libplist.so.1, reason: libplist.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

@testooo

your airplay log looks fine - xbmcs player struggles with the googlevideo.com videos/urls it seems. Try it without dxva hw decoding maybe - but from an airplay point of view it is fine.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Installed libplist but its not working. Post debug log after work.

Musik AirPlay and picture AirPlay work.

Installed lib again. Working now.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7