• 37(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
if I can ask: Why do AirPlay streams only 720p? Is there any way to make it streams 1080p videos from YouTube?
here is the test update:

xbmc 13.1 Beta 2
win 7 pro
ipad 4 iOS 7.1.1
youtube app 2.6.0.11251

video - doesn't work ( only Xbmc screen wakes up )
music - works
images - works
(2014-05-19, 18:34)Sei4eto Wrote: if I can ask: Why do AirPlay streams only 720p? Is there any way to make it streams 1080p videos from YouTube?

read this it might help you

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc.../issues/33
Hi All,

Firstly apologies, as I haven't read through the first 37 pages of this thread, so this may have already been mentioned or discussed! But... I was having issues with air playing video to my XBMC on ouya, and was on,y getting audio, so search and found this thread.

I also found this youtube video, which fixed my problem?!!

http://youtu.be/KXSNLu7Kj7E

Any ideas why this would have resolved it?

Thanks and apologies if it's been mentioned! :-)

Dmn1981
(2014-05-29, 22:05)dmn1981 Wrote: Hi All,

Firstly apologies, as I haven't read through the first 37 pages of this thread, so this may have already been mentioned or discussed! But... I was having issues with air playing video to my XBMC on ouya, and was on,y getting audio, so search and found this thread.

I also found this youtube video, which fixed my problem?!!

http://youtu.be/KXSNLu7Kj7E

Any ideas why this would have resolved it?

pure luck of the draw..

would have achieved the same result, without rebooting simply tapping on the airplay icon to close it, and re-open it. if it doesn't work, do it again until it does
(2014-05-07, 14:33)gusmin Wrote: For me also , video and music working now in Nuc 2820 - Openelec 4.0 with both Iphone 4 and Ipad 3 Retina (in ios 7.1.1).

On the other hand in Spotify although it works, when you put a playlist to continous play, after the 1st song the airplay function on xbmc stops although the next song is playing in Ipad (without sound and with selected as device the XBMC from the airplay menu)

Any assist for that?
(2014-05-13, 11:49)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 13:53)DBMandrake Wrote: Unfortunately I have just been able to reproduce the same issue I saw on Windows on Gotham final release which I've just installed on my Mac Sad (on completely different, home wifi network)

The test scenario is an iPad 3 running iOS 7.1.1 with Spotify running - I use the airplay controls to connect to the Mac - airplay starts working successfully. (audio playback, cover art etc)

I then disconnect the airplay session by choosing iPad as the output source while the music is still playing. When I then attempt to re-connect from the same device using the airplay destination controls as far as the iPad is concerned it is connected and audio is playing, however on XBMC there is no audio and no cover art/visualiser.

If I switch tracks on the iPad the screen on XBMC momentarily blanks then fades back - so it is trying to do something, but there is no sound and it just fades back to the home screen. (I observed the same on my Windows build on Friday - the one I posted the debug log from)

Once in this state I have to exit XBMC and relaunch it before the SAME iPad can connect again, however if I attempt to connect from my phone (iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6) it CAN connect and play audio without reloading XBMC when the iPad is failing until XBMC is reloaded.

So it seems that the iPad is somehow being left in a "confused" state that it can't get out of by itself. (A reboot of the iPad might help, I haven't tried that yet, or maybe toggling wifi off/on)

I'll do some more testing over the next day or so to see if I can narrow down when it does and doesn't happen and capture another debug log but I thought I would mention it in the mean time in case anyone else can reproduce it.
I'm still seeing this problem happening - but its very sporadic so I can't reproduce it reliably, and even with debug log turned on there is really nothing in the log to give any clues as to what the problem might be.

(When I switch tracks on the iPad and the screen flashes the only thing in the debug log is some information about artist/track information being looked up - and no errors)

Am I the only one seeing intermittent problems with airplay streaming from the music app and spotify ? (Probably other audio only apps too)

I see that 13.1 beta testing has begun, should I raise this issue in that thread, continue in this thread, or start a new thread for the problem ?

I'm able to compile and test my own builds from github and would like to help get this issue sorted but I'm not sure where to discuss it...

PS it does seem to be an iOS 7 specific issue, so far I can't reproduce it under iOS 6.1.6.

I have the same (or similar) problem as you seem to describe:
1. Play some tracks on Spotify (iPhone 5S, IOS7) and use airplay to AppleTV1 (OpenELEC/XBMC) -> music is playing as expected.
2. After a while, it appears the iPhone is still playing songs through airplay, but nothing is appearing on XBMC.

I figured the reason for sudden play failure might have been i was wandering around with the iPhone, and losing the wifi connection with AppleTV.
With that in mind, I found the following way to reproduce the issue over and over again:
1. Open spottily on iPhone, play some song and send it to XBMC/AppleTV through Airplay
2. XBMC is receiving and playing the music as expected.
3. Switch off wifi on iPhone -> XBMC goes silent
4. Change setting on iPhone to play through iPhone speaker just to confirm there is no iPhone/spotify issue.
5. Switch wifi back on on iPhone, and set iPhone back to play airplay to XBMC -> XBMC stays silent, despite iPhone indicating transmission is ongoing.
6. Go to System settings on XBMC, flip off and on the "allow Airplay" setting.
7. Sometimes get error message "Failed to start AirTunes". Just click OK, and secure you get the airplay setting back on "allow".
8. Send song back to XBMC from iPhone -> airplay works again, music is playing loud and clear.

As the debug log seems to be requested sometimes, I paste it (despite being long) (i think this is the one) here:
(I suppose the verbose logging starts at 16:20 after which I reproduced the issue once more… )
EDITED >> Moved log to pastebin.com
http://pastebin.com/aPNZJEZT
need a debug log with airtunes debugging turned on (depending on the used version you can turn on airtunes debugging in system->system->debug or via advancedsettings.xml (wiki) ). Also please post logs to pastebin.com and only put links in here. This sounds like a problem with libshairplay and need to be reported to the upstream developer once confirmed.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi everyone,

Anyone else experiencing problems trying to airplay the Apple Special Event - WWDC keynote from Safari on an iOS Device to their XBMC HTPC?
I got it working ONCE! A Facebook video streamed and worked! iOS7 iPad mini to oE 4.0.3.

Never worked before and after!

Miss it so much!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Doesn't work for me. Neither 13.0 nor 13.1, not even RC1.
Tried to install on a fresh pc - no luck. Sad Sad
Any chance you can take a look at issues with Mavericks? Big Grin

Mid 2011 MacBook Pro
OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)
Raspbmc running XBMC 13.1-BETA2 (23/05/2014)

I see the AirPlay target for systemwide audio (audio only as my MBP doesn't support video), and I can select it. But when I try to play music through Spotify, XBMC doesn't do anything. Using iTunes (and selecting the AirPlay target from within iTunes) it works.

Note that it works using XBMC 12 (old AirPlay library).

Log file: http://pastebin.com/qmKxx12U
Hello,

I'd like to report an issue I'm having with AirPlay on Raspbmc when swapping between iPhones please.

The problem is that music fails to play when i swap from one iPhone to another. During the swap I pause the music (which was streaming fine), disconnect airplay, then on the other phone I connect airplay to XBMC and play the music, but there's no sound.

When no sound is played, the debug log gives the following error:

10:25:41 T:3036569600 ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
10:25:41 T:3036569600 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file pipe://4/
10:25:41 T:3036569600 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder

Sometimes the swap works, and sometimes it doesn't. I don't do anything different between working and not working, whether I leave a short time between the swap or longer.

I've tried the same with XBMC on Windows and Mac yet they work fine without issues.

Here is the debug log for when it doesn't work:
http://pastebin.com/un5xAE8L (ignore the second highlighted line as it was a mistake)

Here is when it does work:
http://pastebin.com/jNF0x0nR

I'm on iOS 7.1.1 and XBMC 13.1.

Thanks.
I'm not sure what's up, but when Airplay is turned off and ZeroConf is still turned on, xbmc still shows up as an Airplay receiver on my iPad (retina mini lastest iOS).

Anyone else or just me?
I got openelec 4.0.4 running on a rasp, ion and a xstreamer. All of them don't work with video content coming from my iphone (latest ios 7.1.1) i set the airplay debug to 1 in advanced settings and enabled the debug mode in xbmc. I flicked through some photo's which was fine and then tried a movie. Hope it has some details in it, since it looks pretty thin.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=223579

I also noticed that if you select the device, it usually comes up as a speaker. If you flick it away and try again it sometimes comes back as a screen. If you select it as a speaker you get an error message when trying to play the video. If you select the screen it does say its playing the movie but it only flashes the first frame and then jumps back into xbmc (but no error message)

Good: Image
Bad: Image

No idea if it matters much though.
If more information is needed, let me know.

p.s. i installed xbmc 13.1 on my macbook pro, and streaming video from my iphone works just fine.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7