[Help] Script won't update
Hey guys.

So i'm kinda new to scripting for xbmc, and I have created my own little script.
Now the issue is, when I make some changes in the script and then wan't to update it in xbmc, by installing it through zip, it will just show the old version.

My guess would be that when I change this in the addon.xml
Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.myplugin" name="myplugin" version="1.0" provider-name="mLgz0rn">
to
Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.myplugin" name="myplugin" version="1.1" provider-name="mLgz0rn">

xbmc would detect that it has been updated and replace the files?
Or am I totally wrong?

the only workaround I have found is by either deleting the current addon then clean the cache and install the new or replace all the files in the xbmc/addons/plugin.video.myplugin folder.
Am I missing something here?
I have googled my a** off trying to find a solution to make it work so when I change the version, I can just do install with zip and then the new version would be ready to use.
But had no luck Sad

So any help would be really appreciated[/code]
Yep, raising the previous version number by one.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
(2013-12-09, 11:47)moneymaker Wrote: Yep, you have to count up the version number. You have to push it, how would XBMC know that you've made ​​a new version of the script?

Well that's what i'm doing Smile I am changing the version number in the xml file, but still it remains at the old version.
How do you create a zip file?
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
(2013-12-09, 12:00)moneymaker Wrote: How do you create a zip file?

With winrar? Smile

And then all the addon stuff is inside that folder.
I works fine when using Install from zip-file, the only problem is when it is already installed.
When I then want to install the new version it's says it's installed, but it's still the old version that is inside of XBMC.

Do I need to edit the name of the zipfile also?

so it's like plugin.video.myplugin-1.0.zip and plugin.video.myplugin-1.1.zip ? will that fix the issue?
Yes, the zip files are saved to addons/packages. The zip file must have a version tag > what is already in the packages directory.
(2013-12-09, 13:29)divingmule Wrote: Yes, the zip files are saved to addons/packages. The zip file must have a version tag > what is already in the packages directory.

Alright! thanks alot for the help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Help] Script won't update0