Xbmc mirrors down
Yea thanks buddy
EDIT: removed ATV2 only instructions... It got merged with the bigger thread and only applies to ATV2.
Im trying to down load Frodo for android but the link is broken at xbmc.org/download where else can I download from?
Bump. Everything's working fine on my HTPC. Android is giving me problems. Followed same steps as OP.
We're currently having a major server problem with mirrors.xbmc.org. It should be fixed in the next day or so.
Is it possible servers are down?
Using the work-around provided by Highway 99, I am able to install the Hub Wizard,

However, while every other addons seems to work perfectly, XBMC.org is an empty folder (as is the xbmcplus Add-on repository.

Is there any way to access the content from those addons -- some of the best on XBMC?

Thanks,
Maxie
Ned Scott, is it still ok to manually download from the mirror list posted earlier in this thread? I found and acquired a 12.2 installer for my platform (Win32), but I do not know if I need the other file matching the same version (have the .exe, do I need the .pdb too?).
You don't need the .pdb file. I believe that's only needed for testing/debugging purposes.
(2013-12-10, 08:09)Ned Scott Wrote: Whatever you do, don't click on this link that tells you how to do this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...structions

If you have any issues at all, PM me directly.

Erm, the ATV2 threads got merged into this as well? Not every mirror question is going to be merge-friendly...
(2013-12-09, 18:20)jamonz1 Wrote: It has been like this since yesterday. The threads referring about it have also been deleted...

yeah, just had a post deleted about it. dont understand that

sorry, just reading through the trhread and noticed that my post has been merged here. Didn't realise it was down at all. came to that realization after trying many different things. At least i know whats up. will continue to check back here. thanks to all the team for the super work involved in this
(2013-12-10, 09:25)MaxieWagner Wrote: Using the work-around provided by Highway 99, I am able to install the Hub Wizard,

However, while every other addons seems to work perfectly, XBMC.org is an empty folder (as is the xbmcplus Add-on repository.

Is there any way to access the content from those addons -- some of the best on XBMC?

Thanks,
Maxie

Can you point me in the direction of this workaround?
Thanks
No there is no way to access any of xbmc.orgs add-ons until the server issue is resolved.
Hi guys.

I'm really new to XBMC, but I really love it! It's a great software.

I've been using XBMC Frodo 12.2 for android and recently all my repos have become empty, including the official xbmc.org repo. Sad

I've been searching for a solution, and so far have tried the following:

Using the "force refresh" option;
Deleting the addon**.db from the ".xbmc/userdata/" folder;
Uninstalling and reinstalling Frodo 12.2;
Installing the new 13.0 "gotham" beta from redpenguin's site.

Nothing has worked!! Confused

I'm run running xbmc on a Justop android dongle with version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

On the log file I got something like:

08:29:46 T:1742728776 ERROR: virtual bool XFILE::CFileCache::Open(const CURL&) - failed to open source <http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/pvr/android/addons.xml|Encoding=gzip>
08:29:46 T:1742728776 ERROR: Repository XBMC.org PVR Add-ons returned no add-ons, listing may have failed
08:29:46 T:1742726864 INFO: void.

I really apreciate your help.
Hi all,

I've been a MediaPortal afficienado for years but thought I'd try XBMC as I've heard good things. One being that its so much easier to set up than mediaportal. .... something I don't believe at this point.

Trouble I'm having is that pretty much everything fails.
Using Windows 8.1, Frodo. (last week build/download)

Basic install works ok. I can play my movies, series etc. but Addons are a whole new ball game.

Tried several Skins and all have missing files and so fail. Tried using Fusion to install through. Downloaded the zip and tried that, most files are missing dependencies, fail to install or are Broken when they do appear.

Managed to get a couple of addons working : Nav-x ...but half the channels don't play, says its working but does nothing or just freezes and requires restarting.

I get the impression that repositories, channels, links etc are very erratic and will work one day but be gone the next. Is this the case? Is that why my installs are failing - servers down etc?
I can't tell whether my addons are failing due to server being down or whether its just not working. Very frustrating.

In essence...is it me? Frodo? Win 8.1? servers? or what.

Any help appreciated.
El-d

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc mirrors down2