Android Alternative to "store" to obtain android remote?
I have a generic tablet that will install apps from an SD card.
A bigger issues it that I also do not want to sign up for a google account just to obtain an application.

Is there an alternative to the Google store/market/whatever to obtain the official android remote app?
I have an HTC MyTouch 4g with T-Mobile.

I have a home wireless network, and I love using my phone as a remote for my entertainment system. This however relies on my phone being constantly connected to my network.

I'll connect, everything will be fine for ten minutes, and then it drops off. When I try to reconnect, it says "scanning" "obtaining IP address" "authenticating with mynetwork" and then keeps doing that over and over again.

Sometimes restarting the phone or the router will get it back, but it'll stop again in ten minutes or so.

I have a linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router and a comcast motorola modem if that helps anything..

Please help!!
(2013-12-10, 03:32)Dalej Wrote: I have a generic tablet that will install apps from an SD card.
A bigger issues it that I also do not want to sign up for a google account just to obtain an application.

Is there an alternative to the Google store/market/whatever to obtain the official android remote app?

Have a look here - and decide how you want to handle it. There are a number of release versions, but things are complicated by the fact that there is a new version in the making (but only available through the market) which is only pre-release AFICS.
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative to "store" to obtain android remote?0