"marked as broken in repository" won't save decision, Addons15.db delete or not
Been struggling with this for a couple months, and it's only gotten worse the last few nightly build updates that i've run.

Very frequently, though not in a steady pattern, the gui will prompt that addons are marked as broken in repository (or recently, also "add on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies"), and ask if I want to disable it. Whether I choose "yes" or "no", to the usually 20+ items that pop up in succession, it won't remember the choice, and some minutes later I'll be asked all over again. It will even pop up in the middle of playing a movie. That is super annoying. Sometimes I'll be asked if I want to disable something, say, the "mechanize" script, I'll answer (usually "no"), I'll be prompted for the next 10 disable decisions, and then be asked again about mechanize and other addons I had just been presented a few seconds earlier.

I've searched dozens of times, and usually the advice, if there is any, is to delete the Addons15.db from the userdata/Database directory. If I do that and restart xbmc, it will recreate an empty Addons15.db file and start using it. xbmc owns all the files, and it doesn't matter what permissions are set on them, even 777. With that newly created Addons15.db, I'll be asked again for my decision - and it won't save those choices either. If I make any other changes to my settings, resolution, view modes, etc, they are saved without issue.

This is happening on both of my xbmc boxes, both ubuntu based, both running nightlies. As of today, both systems are at 13.0-ALPHA10 git:27834c6,
Ubuntu version of both systems isis 12.04 LTS - Linux kernel 3.5.0-36-generic (precise). Both run Xperience1080

I turned on debug logging, there was no mention of any related error. Could see the curl and ccurl connections to the repository locations on the web. Some couldn't connect, or timed out, but that seems normal, and shouldn't mean I can't store local addon disable decisions.

I'd love to turn off this "feature", but it doesn't even change anything when I disable auto update, or notifications from the addon settings. It remembers those settings, but doesn't honor them.

Any ideas? This is really peeving off my wife. I've run xbmc faithfully since 2004 on xboxes, and after cutting cable a couple years ago, this is all we use. But being interrupted during a movie to be asked for the 100th time that day if I want to disable every add on the system has is getting on the family's nerves.
The broken table is never erased. See AddonDatabase.cpp. You could check this yourself using sqlite3 with Addons15.db.

My guess, seeing as I cannot reproduce this at all (and nor can many others) is that it occurs when you're using a bunch of additional repositories.

A simple thing to test this: Run sqlite3 Addons15.db

select * from repo;

If you see anything other than the xbmc ones, then they may well be the culprits. Particularly things such as superrepo.org. This duplicates a bunch of addons, and if that's a bit out of date, you'll have old versions being checked for.

If this is indeed the case, please let me know - as soon as I have a decent way to reproduce the problem, I can make sure it's fixed.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-12-10, 21:38)thestig Wrote: the gui will prompt that addons are marked as broken in repository (or recently, also "add on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies"), and ask if I want to disable it. Whether I choose "yes" or "no", to the usually 20+ items that pop up in succession, it won't remember the choice, and some minutes later I'll be asked all over again. It will even pop up in the middle of playing a movie.

I have the same issue. Haven't bothered to track it down yet.
(2013-12-10, 22:50)jmarshall Wrote: The broken table is never erased. See AddonDatabase.cpp. You could check this yourself using sqlite3 with Addons15.db.

My guess, seeing as I cannot reproduce this at all (and nor can many others) is that it occurs when you're using a bunch of additional repositories.

A simple thing to test this: Run sqlite3 Addons15.db

select * from repo;

If you see anything other than the xbmc ones, then they may well be the culprits. Particularly things such as superrepo.org. This duplicates a bunch of addons, and if that's a bit out of date, you'll have old versions being checked for.

If this is indeed the case, please let me know - as soon as I have a decent way to reproduce the problem, I can make sure it's fixed.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I think that's fixed it! First I switched from the unstable to nightly repo (hadn't realized they were even two different things) and thus updated from a 12/2 branch to a 12/10 build, and then I ran the query you suggested, and deleted any repo that didn't have something that I use in it from that list. Then I deleted that repo's filesystem directory, and its addons/packages directory, if they persisted. Restarted and the prompts are gone - I'm still getting pop ups saying that xperience1080 has unmet deps, but not nearly so often, and only those. I can live with that for now, and know broadly where to go to fix it using sqlite. Thanks JM!!
Right, so it's probably caused by the superrepo.org add-on. I'll see if I can repro at my end.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I didn't have superrepo, but I did have older repo's. As I said, longtime user, and when I updated/added platforms, my collection of add-on zips would be migrated over. This last major update (to the new python, if I heard right) seems to have finally made their presence a problem. But that's fine, that's the nature of progress, and outsite of some things marked as broken that I still use, and which actually do still work (hulu, for example), I don't mind deleting things. Since I didn't remove all those marked as broken, but only those I could stand losing, I can't say for sure which in particular caused the pop-up affliction to resolve.

I do have some suspicions about the xbmc<middle of a wheel> repo...their adware was a nice surprise (I know there is no affiliation with xbmc proper)
Quote:I didn't have superrepo

First time I am soooooooooo glad to hear that Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"marked as broken in repository" won't save decision, Addons15.db delete or not0