Nexus 7 and MythTV PVR plugin
(2014-01-05, 11:57)ullix Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 01:53)NiggyG Wrote: I can't see a 'setting level' inside 'system / settings / video / playback'. Am I missing something? I'm trying to get MPEG2 to play for live TV. I've just picked up a Nexus 7 2012 and updated to 4.2.2. Am I missing something?

A slight misunderstanding: when you are in 'system / settings / video / playback' you will see on the bottom left, below the other menu entries, the 'setting level'. Touch on them to change from Basic to Advanced to Expert. Then you'll see the hardware acceleration options on the right.

And this is about the xbmc 13 series Gotham, not 12.x Frodo!

Yep I was on 12.x Sad I've installed the Dec Frodo alpha but the Live TV plugin I use (ARGUS TV) isn't compatible.
December frodo alpha? I think you mean gotham.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The same on Nexus 4, xbmc 13 series Gotham installation installs incompatible PVR addons. And they could not be updated! This problem exsists already for 1 1/2 week with the nightly builds.
(2014-01-07, 21:40)nickr Wrote: December frodo alpha? I think you mean gotham.

Yep, it's a good job you know what I mean and not what I write. Big Grin

I tried both Nov and Dec Gotham builds and both were without compatible PVR plugins. Is there an earlier Gotham build before the plugins were marked as incompatible? It seems the next version of the ARGUS TV plugin is in the pipeline... http://www.argus-tv.com/forum/viewtopic....78ea4f23f3
Hey Everyone,

I've tried the suggestions above to get live tv playing on my nexus 7 but have had no success. I'm running 13.0, everything worked fine under 12.3. I go to settings, video, acceleration and deselect both libstagefright and mediacodec. Everytime i try to watch something live it just quits.

Regretting the upgrade already....any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2014-05-05, 18:03)mikeyramalho Wrote: Hey Everyone,

I've tried the suggestions above to get live tv playing on my nexus 7 but have had no success. I'm running 13.0, everything worked fine under 12.3. I go to settings, video, acceleration and deselect both libstagefright and mediacodec. Everytime i try to watch something live it just quits.

Regretting the upgrade already....any help would be greatly appreciated.

You frightened me! I verified that my old Gotham Aplpha11 still did work well, and then upgraded to the release (not the nightly) using instructions here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...or_Android
Upgrade was very smooth, and it works just as well as before, be it video playback from *.mp4, mkv ( h.264 coded), mp2 from records or live TV via MythTV.

System is Nexus 7 (2013)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus 7 and MythTV PVR plugin0