What happened to my wiki account?
EDIT: nevermind, I just read the sticky. I didn't realise what had happened - I ignored it because I figured the title said request accounts (I figured I already had one).

Just tried logging in after a bit of a hiatus, and it says my account name doesn't exist??

However, it clearly does, since you can see a lot of my edits in the history of pages, for example: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ski...on=history (checkout who created this page).

But also when you click on my name to see me contributions the page doesn't exist? That's annoying.
The user database got reset. Actually, all of the databases got reset, but only the actual page content was backed up at the time. The wiki had suffered a major database failure and took the xbmc.org blog and bugtracker down with it. There was major database corruption, and MySQL freaked out. While it might have been possible to slowly pick through and salvage the user database, it seemed more logical to just have people re-register. Especially as the edit history was still preserved, so no real content was lost. The best option was to start with a fresh install of MediaWiki, get rid of any database corruption, and use the XML and image backups that I had been manually making.

Ever since, the Wiki hasn't gone down and performance has drastically increased.

Just use the request account form: Special:RequestAccount (wiki). I check account requests several times a day, so you should be back up and running soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happened to my wiki account?0