• 4(current)
Android JUSTOP+Vidon.me: First Quad Core true-hardware decoding Android+XBMC TV set box
prae5, vidon.me are a XBMC sponsor so I would hope they've already provided source code.

Justinuk, do you know if the version you've been supplied is the same as the apk download available at http://vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm
(2014-01-03, 15:41)Justinuk Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 10:27)Vaevictus2 Wrote: I have another A31 box (more expensive than your one, but same spec in terms of ram and android version)

can you provide a link to the apk file for the xbmc build? I want to try it on my box

cheers!

Sorry this built is licensed, can't be used on other boxes.. each copy has it's unique number, it only works when hardware ID matches.

(2014-01-03, 16:27)PatrickVogeli Wrote: If you have done any changes to xbmc, you MUST provide the source code. GPL!!!

(2014-01-03, 17:03)Vaevictus2 Wrote: justin XBMC is open source GPL software, you have to make available the source code if you are distributing it

(2014-01-03, 20:01)prae5 Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 19:37)Justinuk Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 19:10)prae5 Wrote: And I'm assuming that you will be making the source code available too.

The XBMC built in to the firmware, I don't have source code. Don't know whether Vidon changed the firwmare or the XBMC, am not developer myself.

I don't have even APK, just the firmware.

Well if you are planning on selling a box with XBMC preloaded, you are required to make the source code available. Saying i don't have it isn't good enough, if you plan on shipping these boxes you need to get this sorted with Vidon.

How come this always happens when ever we get a new vendor touting their android box is going to the best thing yet? Only to have them not understand even the basic concept of GPL. I have sworn off recommending these android boxes to people specifically because of this crap. Must be nice to search alibaba for an android box, slap my sticker on it, build a site .... PROFIT!
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
Well if you are planning on selling a box with XBMC preloaded, you are required to make the source code available. Saying i don't have it isn't good enough, if you plan on shipping these boxes you need to get this sorted with Vidon.
Hardware: JUSTOP Droibox MX Amlogic 8726-MX (Cortex A9 1.6Ghz Dual Core), 1GB DDR3, 8GB SSD, Mali 400 Quad Graphics

Software: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean + XBMC Frodo 12.0
(2014-01-04, 01:57)ragedogg69 Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 15:41)Justinuk Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 10:27)Vaevictus2 Wrote: I have another A31 box (more expensive than your one, but same spec in terms of ram and android version)

can you provide a link to the apk file for the xbmc build? I want to try it on my box

cheers!

Sorry this built is licensed, can't be used on other boxes.. each copy has it's unique number, it only works when hardware ID matches.

(2014-01-03, 16:27)PatrickVogeli Wrote: If you have done any changes to xbmc, you MUST provide the source code. GPL!!!

(2014-01-03, 17:03)Vaevictus2 Wrote: justin XBMC is open source GPL software, you have to make available the source code if you are distributing it

(2014-01-03, 20:01)prae5 Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 19:37)Justinuk Wrote: The XBMC built in to the firmware, I don't have source code. Don't know whether Vidon changed the firwmare or the XBMC, am not developer myself.

I don't have even APK, just the firmware.

How come this always happens when ever we get a new vendor touting their android box is going to the best thing yet? Only to have them not understand even the basic concept of GPL. I have sworn off recommending these android boxes to people specifically because of this crap. Must be nice to search alibaba for an android box, slap my sticker on it, build a site .... PROFIT!

JUSTOP LIMITED has been trading since 2006, registered since 2008. We bring the first branded Android TV box to UK market. Our android tv boxes keep 5 places on first page of amazon product search. We put a thread here, yes we do push our product, because if we don't do this, it will be a waste. We are trying to be nice we supply videos as requested, what is the reason why people here always try to put shit here? talk something about the product or make some suggestions, ask some questions related to the topic .
if you were selling laptops pre-loaded with pirated windows 8, you wouldnt expect to get any shit for it?

for me that's effectively what youre doing; in fact i think it's worse. Blaming the upstream provider doesnt absolve you of wrong-doing.
(2014-01-04, 23:52)Justinuk Wrote: We are trying to be nice we supply videos as requested, what is the reason why people here always try to put shit here? talk something about the product or make some suggestions, ask some questions related to the topic .
Some of us nicely suggesting you get XBMC source code from VidOn is very much related to the topic.

Again suggest you read that thread I linked to so you understand why the GPL question is sensative.
(2014-01-04, 23:52)Justinuk Wrote: JUSTOP LIMITED has been trading since 2006, registered since 2008. We bring the first branded Android TV box to UK market.
Okay. So you think you are not a fly by night company. If anything this hurts your argument. YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER ABOUT GPL THEN! If you are this experienced electronics company, why are you not playing by the rules? Why not load up your boxes with gigs of pirated content while you are at it? Seeing how rules do not apply to your company.
(2014-01-04, 23:52)Justinuk Wrote: Our android tv boxes keep 5 places on first page of amazon product search.
Congratulations?
(2014-01-04, 23:52)Justinuk Wrote: We put a thread here, yes we do push our product, because if we don't do this, it will be a waste. We are trying to be nice we supply videos as requested, what is the reason why people here always try to put shit here? talk something about the product or make some suggestions, ask some questions related to the topic .
You said it yourself, this is a promotional thread. It serves no other purpose than to sell your product. It is just barely not spam in my opinion. This is not a constructive thread like J1nx would post about his products. This is you simply whoring out your product. And now the community is calling you out on your crap and you don't like it. You want suggestions? Fine, here is mine, free of charge. Pull the product from being sold until you have your GPL stuff sorted out. "I dont know" is not acceptable. Next, delete your account. Step away from the keyboard. Hire a real promotional company to pimp your products. You are terrible at it. Your curt response to my post (which was directed more to my frustration of these android boxes in general, not just yours) has probably cost you hundreds of potential customers that read this public forum. I can only imagine your response emails if I purchased your box and needed support. I have a feeling it would be similar to how that Ocean Marketing correspondence went.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
Heh. Hey Justin, why don't you spend your time fixing an actual customer's problem instead of posting here? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1589061
(2013-12-30, 17:56)Abnormal1 Wrote: Will it bit stream DTS and AC3 via HDMI? How about bit streaming HD Audio as well?

(2013-12-30, 19:49)Justinuk Wrote: No bit streaming on android tv boxes yet.

I'm a little unsure as to what BitStreaming actually is...?

From a quick google, it appears to be the ability to pass the audio data directly to an amp or other device....
I though that was what PassThru was?
So it however, appears (to me) that this box can't output sound to an DTC/AC3 amp... (please correct me if I'm wrong Smile ).

Does anyone know of a decent android box that can play full 1080p (H/W Accelerated), Output DTS/AC3 to amp, and is a quad-core, with 2gb ram?
(2014-01-05, 20:48)ragedogg69 Wrote: Heh. Hey Justin, why don't you spend your time fixing an actual customer's problem instead of posting here? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1589061

They contacted us and the return has been arrange. He said that the box works with all the TVs down stairs but not the one up stairs. How do you think the problem is?

I still here, that guy put a reply there then go away, who would you trust?
Sounds to me like a HDMI handshake issue. Which could be an issue with his hardware or your hardware. Then it seems he had enough of a hard time getting an appropriate response from your company that he had to search out a public forum to basically shame you into issuing an RMA. Do I trust him? It does not matter. What matters is do I trust you or your company to stand by your products? As of right now, no. And your broken English/defensive responses on this forum are certainly not helping.

Like I said, step away from our forum and hire someone else to do this for you.
(2014-01-06, 14:50)ragedogg69 Wrote: Sounds to me like a HDMI handshake issue. Which could be an issue with his hardware or your hardware. Then it seems he had enough of a hard time getting an appropriate response from your company that he had to search out a public forum to basically shame you into issuing an RMA. Do I trust him? It does not matter. What matters is do I trust you or your company to stand by your products? As of right now, no. And your broken English/defensive responses on this forum are certainly not helping.

Like I said, step away from our forum and hire someone else to do this for you.

Thats enough of hounding this guy. Let his product speak for itself. either good or bad right or wrong. We dont need to hound him on and on and on. Let him try to provide the source , backup his product and leave him be.

No more hounding on your part and no more spamming on his.
Wink 
How has no one said this....

Justin, please, JUSTOP.

Laugh
I can't speak for his iteration but I have the vidon.me version and it runs fantastically. My aunt was here for the holidays and is looking into one. If Justin's is made via partnership I'm inclined to send her his way so she's not having to have it shipped in like mine.
(2014-01-07, 05:23)Budwyzer Wrote: How has no one said this....

Justin, please, JUSTOP.

Laugh

' Budwyzer please go and play with your bud. ' Is this funny?

Regarding to the source code for XBMC, I confirmed with vidon.me ,it's just the one from their website.

So just go and download.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JUSTOP+Vidon.me: First Quad Core true-hardware decoding Android+XBMC TV set box2