From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
uberweiss Offline
I really can't seem to browse the available subtitles I get. It works if I connect a mouse and choose with the cursor, but not using keyboard or iPhone-app.

Any suggestions?
find quote
asiuhas Offline
How do I bind it to a button? With 12.x you could use RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)
find quote
hunkyn Offline
Fan
(2014-01-27 04:26)asiuhas Wrote:  How do I bind it to a button? With 12.x you could use RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)

XBMC.ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)

Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
find quote
asiuhas Offline
(2014-01-27 04:28)hunkyn Wrote:  
(2014-01-27 04:26)asiuhas Wrote:  How do I bind it to a button? With 12.x you could use RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)

XBMC.ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)

Yeah, sorry. I should've looked before. It was on the first page. I just searched the thread for "bind".

There's no way to do automatic download of first synced sub like it worked in 12.x (when pressing a button)? I guess as there's no option in settings it's not implemented yet?
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-27 04:36 by asiuhas.)
find quote
Watts Offline
I know we need to use an updated skin, for this to work without problems. But can i somehow add this to PM3.hdConfused It is still my favorite skin, and works fluently on android because it is lightweight.
find quote
amet Offline
How do ya like them apples?
(2014-01-28 03:21)Watts Wrote:  I know we need to use an updated skin, for this to work without problems. But can i somehow add this to PM3.hdConfused It is still my favorite skin, and works fluently on android because it is lightweight.

make changes similar to this -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3552/f...6a1061L547

if you still get stuck please open a new thread where this can be discussed further

Always read the XBMC_Online_Manual,Frequently_Asked_Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log_file.
find quote
Watts Offline
(2014-01-28 11:20)amet Wrote:  
(2014-01-28 03:21)Watts Wrote:  I know we need to use an updated skin, for this to work without problems. But can i somehow add this to PM3.hdConfused It is still my favorite skin, and works fluently on android because it is lightweight.

make changes similar to this -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3552/f...6a1061L547

if you still get stuck please open a new thread where this can be discussed further

Thanks amet...Wink
find quote
Filly Offline
Followed the instructions to a tee. Enabled two languages, chose opensubtitles, opened an account there, and filled in my credentials. On playing video subtitle button from remote does nothing, pressing t on the keyboard does nothing, and playing with the subtitle position does...nothing. Until I get subtitles back, I can no longer watch any foreign series as my gf just doesn't understand english well enough. Why break functionality?

E45M1-I DELUXE, Peachtree Nova, Audio Physic Sparks, Sony KDL40V400, Synology DS209. Remotes: iPad, Nexus 5, Maraschino.
find quote
amet Offline
Nothing is broken
find quote
nickr Online
Donor
well if filly has followed the correct steps, and gets no subtitle then it IS broken.

however surely he should post a debug log so that an expert can tell him whether it is him or the software that is fubar.

I am sure filly realises too that alpha software Is sometimes broken. Good on him for testing though. Personally I keep my production machines on production/stable code.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
amet Offline
I have followed the same steps many times and all is good here, many others as well ... My money is on setup issues which I don't mind helping with but what pisses me off is the last sentence in his post , for that he gets zero support from me.
find quote
nickr Online
Donor
(2014-01-30 06:29)amet Wrote:  I have followed the same steps many times and all is good here, many others as well ... My money is on setup issues which I don't mind helping with but what pisses me off is the last sentence in his post , for that he gets zero support from me.
Fair enough too.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
Filly Offline
Here is my recorded log http://paste.ubuntu.com/6845554/ Thanks in advance.

E45M1-I DELUXE, Peachtree Nova, Audio Physic Sparks, Sony KDL40V400, Synology DS209. Remotes: iPad, Nexus 5, Maraschino.
find quote
nickr Online
Donor
I am really only guessing, but it seems that when you press the subtitle button, it is immediately followed by a vdpau error. eg
Code:
20:28:27 T:140518804088704   DEBUG: OnKey: ctrl-t (0x1f054) pressed, action is SubtitleAlign
20:28:27 T:140516182488832   ERROR: VDPAU::COutput error mapping surface

I wonder if there is a coincidental bug in subtitle rendering with vdpau in your setup?

Try turning off vdpau and see if subtitles work.

Also have a look in your filesystem and check that a srt file HAS actually been downloaded.

Do other subtitles, eg ones you have downloaded before the new subtitle engine or ones embedded in mkv files work?

(This post was last modified: 2014-01-31 01:34 by nickr.)
find quote
munificent Offline
(2014-01-11 09:08)millercentral Wrote:  Is there any way to download "English for Foreign Language Parts"-type subtitles with this new system?

I would also like to know the answer to this question. I'm perennially surprised that xbmc is behind the curve on this & it would be good to know whether it is on the team's radar and, if so, how high up it is? I would really like to have Foreign/Fantasy language handled as smoothly as everything else is handled.

Is it a current or planned feature?
find quote