• 8(current)
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.
(2014-04-15, 22:34)pirit Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=174242

While debug logs are quite essensial, and we're very glad to see someone include it without instructions or reminders, in their very first post... logs are not really all too helpful if you do not tell us what is the problem/reason for posting it Wink
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
I so support the post from latino156

- ordering the results with SYNC results showing on top of the list
- a setting to auto download the first SYNC result if available
- a setting to do this all automatically with one push of the button, even if that's technically only possible for one single service.

I had frodo so set up that pushing enter brings up the player menu and the focus point was set to subtitles.
So another push on enter jumped into the subtitles who were set to unpause, download the first sync subtitle and hide the player menu again.
It took less than a second for the whole procedure and only 2 button presses so the playback was virtually not interrupted.
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
Unfortunately I can not find where to write about the possibility of introducing new sources with Romanian subtitles. If someone who knows and can upgrade addon subtitles recommend the following: http://www.titrari.ro/index.php?page=cautare , http://subtitrari-noi.ro/ , http://www.niftyteam.ro/index.php , http://subs.ro/subtitrari/ . Thanks for the help, if you have Smile
Question. Gotham 13.0 final release.
When i hit Default subtitle service for either Movies and TV shows, the list of providers pops up empty.

Help.
(2014-05-04, 14:38)Drol Wrote: Question. Gotham 13.0 final release.
When i hit Default subtitle service for either Movies and TV shows, the list of providers pops up empty.

Help.

you need to install some first
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Same problem here, seems like there are no services to install. When trying to set default service and choosing to download an
app, the list pops up empty. When pressing esc, and go to the list of categories of addons there is no subtitle category
Great work with the new release. (13)

I am liking the new subtitle search structure, but there is one thing I miss (I have at-least not found it).

Is it possible to have a option to use foldername when doing a manual search? (IE it defaults to foldername in the manual search box when its opened).

I only use a controller to control XBMC, and this "feature" was really useful in pre-gotham.

Regards
(2014-05-04, 19:08)pjurius Wrote: Same problem here, seems like there are no services to install. When trying to set default service and choosing to download an
app, the list pops up empty. When pressing esc, and go to the list of categories of addons there is no subtitle category

Same problem here, no subtitle addons to download, and when you back out there is no subtitle category...
I was struggling with this too after upgrading today. The list was empty for me too and no refresh would help.

I was able to get it working by doing the following.

System > Settings > Add-ons > Search

Once here, search for "subtitles".

All the subtitle add-ons popped up and then I enabled them.

Then I went back to the System > Settings > Video > Subtitles

And they were there.

Not a clean way but at least this got it working!

Always a few snags with most upgrades but XBMC is by far best media center so I will deal with the little issues.

Hope this works for you!!
Thanks, that worked for me too!

(2014-05-05, 03:03)cmoguer Wrote: I was struggling with this too after upgrading today. The list was empty for me too and no refresh would help.

I was able to get it working by doing the following.

System > Settings > Add-ons > Search

Once here, search for "subtitles".

All the subtitle add-ons popped up and then I enabled them.

Then I went back to the System > Settings > Video > Subtitles

And they were there.

Not a clean way but at least this got it working!

Always a few snags with most upgrades but XBMC is by far best media center so I will deal with the little issues.

Hope this works for you!!
XBMC 12 had an Advanced Options dialog (in the download subtitles dialog) where you could set to see the full path (or full file name) of that currently video been played.
this way i could know which subtitle to choose to download.

in XBMC 13, i can't see the file name being played, so when i see a list of subtitles from one of the services i don't know what to choose from

is there an option to show the file name (maybe a hidden feature?) in the download subtitles dialog?
It always shows file name, no setting.
Not on my machine
In the main subtitles window in can at the top only the name
Of the current service.
In the options dialogs i can see the list of the configured services and at the buttom an option to enter a manual string
That it. No filename anywhere
That seems to be a skin issue then. You should report this to the author of your skin.
I updated to Gotham, and now I can't get subtitles. When I go to system < add-ons, there is no subtitle folder. Also, When I go to the subtitle option, and I select default movie/TV show source and click get more, the subtitle folder is blank. Also, I went to the addon installer and searched subtitles with no luck. :-(
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.1