• 5(current)
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.
(2014-03-04, 17:42)szobitomi Wrote: but how can i use the subtitle service to the video add ons (Icefilms, etc)
i have to download manually to somewhere and the load it from this folder? :SS

IceFilms or any other piracy services are not supported on this forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-03-04, 18:31)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-03-04, 17:42)szobitomi Wrote: but how can i use the subtitle service to the video add ons (Icefilms, etc)
i have to download manually to somewhere and the load it from this folder? :SS

IceFilms or any other piracy services are not supported on this forum

ok, sorry
Updated the wiki to be more explicit:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...e_services

Remember if no subtitle services show up you need to do:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...itory_list
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok...I am on a Pi - Openelec - Gotham - Installed Opensubtitles - Language Dutch - Preference Dutch - Start Movie - Finding subtitles--------then they don't show up
@FAMMAR:
Since the subtitle plugin got split up in several service plugins, you should post your issues to the respective plugin thread, so that the plugin maintainer might get alerted. For Opensubtitles this should be this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183114

Also you should always provide a debug log, since this is extremely helpful to analyze your issue: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
Download 'first synced subtitle' across all subtitle services? Is this possible? With preset service and language preferences in prioritized order preferentially.

Also the subtitle download seems to be very slow right now. This is especially noticable because I can't watch the movie while subtitle is downloaded in the background anymore...

Please Smile
The Real Skimshady
not possible
Too bad, you had excellent subtitle download experience, and I guess to make the code better or independent or whatever, you destroyed that experience with no idea if it is coming back, why?
I mean, you had to know that there are people who use subtitles, and argument that it's for pirated material only can be said for XBMC too for supporting mkv and other digital formats.
But I say again, you destroyed an unique and great working automated subtitle download addon with language priority and automatic sync download, flawless 99% of the time, and you Amet programed that auto downloader, it was perfect, and for that reason I really do not understand move to this new system with all those working features at the time removed.
I know you probably have your reasons, and I hope they are code related, because from the users view, new system sucks...
This is why, ungrateful people ... You are on your own now as I will not touch anything subtitle related anymore.

I have explained why, many times and the fact is that even if we could make it work now it still would not be in Gotham. So now it's up to you akiaki to fix and return the great feature(s) as this is me signing off.

Anyone that needs assistance with podnapisi and opensubtitles service can find me on GitHub ...

Laters
Very unprofessional reaction.......just because of 1 person

(2014-03-15, 20:41)amet Wrote: This is why, ungrateful people ... You are on your own now as I will not touch anything subtitle related anymore.

I have explained why, many times and the fact is that even if we could make it work now it still would not be in Gotham. So now it's up to you akiaki to fix and return the great feature(s) as this is me signing off.

Anyone that needs assistance with podnapisi and opensubtitles service can find me on GitHub ...

Laters

So now everybody is ungrateful in your opinion? I think that's not true and this reaction is a bit unprofessional
Ofcourse it's not one person, and ofcourse not everyone is considered ungrateful. Rather, there's a small but vocal bunch of people whining about the same thing over and over. This gets folk who work on stuff to make things better in their own free time understandably pissed off.

And yeah, it's unprofessional. We don't get paid for this. It's not our profession. We do stuff because we enjoy it. If it becomes unenjoyable then we stop - a perfectly reasonable reaction.

Now, given that amet is no longer interested in working on it, is anyone else going to step up to the plate? If not, have patience until someone does. Be positive and encouraging.

Criticism has it's place, but remember that constant criticism can very easily reduce motivation.

Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

True, but criticism can also motivate people. A complaning customer in business is more important than a customer who isn't saying anything and they got a point
Sure, but it's all in how the criticism comes up. There's constructive critcism, and there's whining. Smile

Both can be valuable at highlighting things that are missing, but one motivates to fix, the other motivates to go and do something else with your free time.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

you are right of course Jonathan. However it also frustrating when something appears to have been broken by a new idea some developer. (Frankly I don't know the truth of what is and isn't working and why, but it's obviously not working for some people where it did before.)

It is bad form to be ungrateful, but it's also hard to be grateful for breakage. (Assuming it is broken)

So Amet please don't be put off by ungrateful people, give us something to be grateful for. Cheers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The fact is that the subtitles stuff just wasn't maintainable under the old model. With the core separated from services, it's now much more readily maintainable. In the future it also gives us the ability to do things such as fetching subs on scrape, or having better integration of downloaded subs with internal subs and better integration with other settings (such as language preferences).

Not all of the old features were implemented, for various reasons:
1. Not everyone knew what all the old features were.
2. Not everyone understood the importance of various features.
3. There was one person who cared about any of it.

None of them is deliberate. It happens that sometimes things get missed.

Basically, we need someone to detail clearly exactly what is missing and what should be done to fix it. This should be done in clear and precise detail as if whoever is implementing it knows nothing at all about how it worked before or how it should work now or in the future.

If that isn't done, things will stay exactly as they are. If it is done, then perhaps some nice person may come along and look into it.

Jonathan

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.1