• 12(current)
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.
No you didn't because subtitles work fine in gotham. As amet said PEBKAC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have tried at least 3 or 4 different subtitle addons and nothing seems to work. I don't think it has anything to do with the add ons themselves because they all throw similar python errors.

Here is the one from shooter
Quote:12:54:18 T:900 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:54:18 T:900 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'C:/Users/Media Centre/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.shooter/temp/Apollo 18.en.2.srt')
http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies/confused.png Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Media Centre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.subtitles.shooter\service.py", line 489, in <module>
subs = Download(params["filename"])
File "C:\Users\Media Centre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.subtitles.shooter\service.py", line 361, in Download
ChangeFileEndcoding(filename.decode('utf-8'))
File "C:\Users\Media Centre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.subtitles.shooter\service.py", line 343, in ChangeFileEndcoding
data = open(filepath, 'rb').read()
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'C:/Users/Media Centre/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.shooter/temp/Apollo 18.en.2.srt')
-->End of Python script error report<--

And subscene seems to be down right now so I can't get an error log from them.

I will post it as soon as I can.

I have tried updating python and creating services.subtitles.*name of service*, and every possible configuration, but i can't seem to get it to work

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
What is the progress on this front? Smile

"Download 'first synced subtitle' across all subtitle services? Is this possible? With preset service and language preferences in prioritized order preferentially."

I also support better user feedback while searching and downloading subtitles, especially because it's kinda slow on my ATV2. Half of the time I don't know if I should wait for something, or if I have to reboot XBMC...

I hope this is a productive inquiry/feedback. Will it come to Gotham or will it at least come to Halo?
The Real Skimshady
I tried to see if anyone else has this problem (but with no luck):
If I downloaded subs the subs will work immediately, but if I stop the movie and restart the subs will disappear.
In settings the subs are supposed to be saved side by side with the video file. But they are not there.
Thanks in advance.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
SO where is your debug log (wiki)?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi all,

Just installed Gotham 13.2 beta1 and I am also having problems with subtitles. Really nothing is coming. as if the function is not there. I am using a CR11s rk3188 Android box. Please don't take offence and not complaining. I don't have a debug log. I am posting this as a feedback.

Thank you
(2014-07-30, 11:17)Ipaddle Wrote: I tried to see if anyone else has this problem (but with no luck):
If I downloaded subs the subs will work immediately, but if I stop the movie and restart the subs will disappear.
In settings the subs are supposed to be saved side by side with the video file. But they are not there.
Thanks in advance.

Here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=257545
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

I suspect that the following
Code:
08:55:47 T:140065820878592   ERROR: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://NAS601BC1/public/Movies/Dances%20with%20Wolves%20(1990)/Dances%20with%20Wolves%20(1990)%20BluRay.da.srt'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
08:55:47 T:140065820878592 WARNING: OnDownloadComplete - Saving of subtitle special://temp/Dances with Wolves (1990) BluRay.da.srt to smb://NAS601BC1/public/Movies/Dances with Wolves (1990)/Dances with Wolves (1990) BluRay.da.srt failed. Falling back to special://temp
08:55:47 T:140065820878592   DEBUG: GetExternalStreamDetailsFromFilename - Language = 'dan' / Name = '(Ekstern)' / Flag = '0' from special://temp/Dances with Wolves (1990) BluRay.da.srt
is telling us that xbmc does not have permission to save the subtitle to the directory where your movie is saved, and that while the movie is still playing it is accessing the subtitle from a temp(orary) directory. However it is deleted from the temp directory when playback stops.

ie fix your permissions.

(By the way that's line 1404 et seq)

(2014-07-31, 07:53)zoltar Wrote: Hi all,

Just installed Gotham 13.2 beta1 and I am also having problems with subtitles. Really nothing is coming. as if the function is not there. I am using a CR11s rk3188 Android box. Please don't take offence and not complaining. I don't have a debug log. I am posting this as a feedback.

Thank you
Go back to the first post in this thread and make sure you implement the directions. I realise you aren't specifically asking for help, but it is available here if you want to carry on...
(2014-07-31, 07:53)zoltar Wrote: Hi all,

Thank you
it's feedback that we can do nothing with.
subtitles are functioning. you just don't have it set up properly.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks a lot nickr! Will fix that.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

I have the same problem after upgrading to 13.1 or 13.2 (tried both) as the poster above (bouss).

When I try to set up the subtitle service (settings -> video -> subtitles -> Default Movie Service / Default TV Service) the lists are empty. This is also the case if you click the get more services button - this just puts you in an empty subcategory in the add-on list, and if you go up a level, you end up at the add-on category listing.

Basically it's not possible to set up the service correctly but I can't figure out why. I've tried switching skins, but since the options to get to the service listing are there, I doubt that this would be the problem (indeed a different skin shows no change).

Debug log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=266979
refresh the repo

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ce_refresh
(2014-08-12, 19:38)amet Wrote: refresh the repo

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ce_refresh

Thanks, this did the trick - also thanks for the fast reply.
Hello to all! My congratulations to all of the developers from a fellow developer. You made a great piece of software with amazing features. I have started to use XBMC some time now and I am fascinated by the perspectives.

I am using Gotham since is the latest stable release, but I am having trouble getting Greek subtitles. Everything is okay with the English ones, but I configured the service to bring me Greek. I use opensubtitles.org / podnapisi.net (they just bring me English subs) and GreekSubtitles.eu and subtitles.gr which they don't return anything just a message that says "This service is only for Greek subtitles".

I read the whole thread thoroughly and I also made my tests using movies that had Greek subtitles in some of the above subtitle websites!

Here is my log file:
[ I removed it because it wasn't necessary after all ]

I will really appreciate any help or suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Checking the log by myself, something seemed wrong

10:14:24 T:4300 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.subtitles.greeksubtitles.eu/?action=search&languages=English

I realized that even though I selected Greek as Preferred subtitle language the service wasn't looking for Greek and that was clear when selecting the subtitle services that were Greek only.

Greek (or any other language you want) should be also entered to the box that says Languages to download subtitles for as in the screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e0ehd6bmoh6iu...1.png?dl=0

So I won't need your help after all, but hopefully some other people will get help from my post!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.1