• 13(current)
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.
Hello! I recently had XBMC version 13 loaded onto my Apple TV 2, and ever since, haven't been able to get subtitles to work. I read the posts about this, followed the instructions, and was successful at loading and enabling the subtitle add-ons (thank you for the instructions). However the subtitles still aren't working. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Welcome to the forums.

Try posting a debug log (wiki)

Post it to pastebin or a similar service and post a link here.

Tell us what film you were trying to get a subtitle for, it'll help anyone searching through the log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I am having a little trouble using the subtitles add-on, specifically I am using OpenSubtitles.org.

Anytime I download a subtitle the permissions on the file are 750, the owner can read write execute, but the group can only read write. So, after I have downloaded the file the subtitles do not display as they traditionally should. I have to stop the video and start it again to load the subtitles.

The permission for the drive are 770, so I am not sure why they are not working as expected - any ideas? Thanks for your help.
Why would you need to execute an srt file? It is not an executable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
nothing to do with file permissions, its xbmc issue that I believe has been fixed... or not -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5273
Hi guys. When I had first moved to Gotham I was kinda dissapointed in the new subtitle mechanisme as it wasn't possible anymore to just press a button and download the first synced subtitle. In Gotham you had to search each service manually and even select it manually from a list of results that only appeared when you moved the cursor to the empty result list.
That's why I returned to Frodo as subtitle support is extremely important for me being semi-deaf :p

HAs this been improved in Helix or is it just the same? Yes, I can install the new version and then see for myself, but simply asking for it is a lot quicker isn't it? Big Grin
Quote:simply asking for it is a lot quicker isn't it?

Given that is 8 hours or so since you posted your question, trying would have been quicker I think!
(2014-09-21, 22:07)nickr Wrote:
Quote:simply asking for it is a lot quicker isn't it?

Given that is 8 hours or so since you posted your question, trying would have been quicker I think!

yeah well, I was hoping for a more active community in this topic Wink
So are you going to enlighten us?
(2014-09-22, 14:18)nickr Wrote: So are you going to enlighten us?

Not for a while, I'm at work. Probably next weekend.
Dear all,
For some time I'm trying to regime problem has read the threads on the forum but I could not succeeding.
Immediately to mention that my knowledge of English very modest so I use the translator.
For Android TV box I have installed XBMC Gotam13.2 and could not manage to regime problem subtitles. He has followed the instructions on the forum Councils (as far as I could find and understand) but nothing.
Installing service podnapisi and opensubtittle in Setting Type the login, choose the configuration languages​​, starting the movie push the button "subtitle" all services are there but says "serching subtitle ..." and that's the end. I can not wait an hour but no subtitles. I tried that in the settings for the subtitles to determine the location of the subtitles, but even that did not help.
Please, if you can, help
And one more request ....
If this occurs to send you a log file, please for detailed instructions on how to do this.
Thank you in advance for your answers and excuse the grammatical errors.
Regards,
Debug Log has instructions on how to submit the log
cheers...also having trouble with subtitles lately; using 3 services - opensubtitles, podnatpisi and titlovi.com and langluages i use are croatian, bosnian and serbian (croatian is set to default)
my prob is i don't get any subtitles, all i get is "no subtitle found" or error script failed thingy, i can provide an example;

i start top gear s21 ep1, i try to found subtitles and nothing found on all 3 services but....if i go to manual search and enter something like "top gear 21" i do get many subtitles to download
i try to remove addons and install again but i get same thing....i also try to remove whole xbmc folder from C:\Users\Alen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC and start from beginning and again same thing happen

here is log; http://pastebin.com/6WAcq8kE

cheers
how can add
a new site to search for subtitles?
Her is log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=323578
refers to the number of post #191
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.1