From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Adele Offline
Hello! I recently had XBMC version 13 loaded onto my Apple TV 2, and ever since, haven't been able to get subtitles to work. I read the posts about this, followed the instructions, and was successful at loading and enabling the subtitle add-ons (thank you for the instructions). However the subtitles still aren't working. Any suggestions? Thank you!
find quote
nickr Offline
Donor
Welcome to the forums.

Try posting a debug log

Post it to pastebin or a similar service and post a link here.

Tell us what film you were trying to get a subtitle for, it'll help anyone searching through the log.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
iainmacleod Offline
I am having a little trouble using the subtitles add-on, specifically I am using OpenSubtitles.org.

Anytime I download a subtitle the permissions on the file are 750, the owner can read write execute, but the group can only read write. So, after I have downloaded the file the subtitles do not display as they traditionally should. I have to stop the video and start it again to load the subtitles.

The permission for the drive are 770, so I am not sure why they are not working as expected - any ideas? Thanks for your help.
find quote
nickr Offline
Donor
Why would you need to execute an srt file? It is not an executable.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
amet Offline
Retired Team-Kodi Member
nothing to do with file permissions, its xbmc issue that I believe has been fixed... or not -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5273
find quote