[RELEASE] Upworthy.com - Things that matter. Pass 'em on.
Hi,
this is an addon to browse and watch videos from Upworthy.com

Upworthy is social media with a mission: to make important stuff as viral as a video of some idiot surfing off his roof.
At best, things online are usually either awesome or meaningful, but everything on Upworthy.com has a little of both.
Sensational and substantial. Entertaining and enlightening. Shocking and significant.

Note: For "Latest Videos", the rssfeed is used. All items are playable.
The categories are using the website. Not all items are playable because it's not possible to detect the article type while listing items.

Available via the xbmc.org repo.
Any feedback is welcome...
Wow - that was fast!

Awesome. Just awesome.

I reckon maybe default to view media info (504) rather than MI2 or 3 - as in this case you have long titles and a fair bit of accompanying text that adds context. I found the option to change the default view in the addon settings (awesome feature!) -- but I reckon that's a better default. Minor thing, though.

Really, fantastic, I am at work so can only test a bit right now but seems to work perfectly - thanks so much for running with my suggestion, and so quickly. Very cool - I am always wanting to watch these things but never have time when I see them, so to be able to browse at leisure will be just fantastic.

Any chance of getting the video length into the description (maybe just after the date so (Runs 00:41) or something?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-12-13, 03:05)bossanova808 Wrote: Wow - that was fast!

Awesome. Just awesome.
Thanks! Big Grin

(2013-12-13, 03:05)bossanova808 Wrote: I reckon maybe default to view media info (504) rather than MI2 or 3 - as in this case you have long titles and a fair bit of accompanying text that adds context. I found the option to change the default view in the addon settings (awesome feature!) -- but I reckon that's a better default. Minor thing, though.
Yes, might be better. I will adjust the date so it will be correctly displayed under 504 and then use this as default. The only thing i don't like on 504 are the aired/episode labels, when this info is not available.
For me, the perfect default (confluence) view for most addons would be 504 without the aired and episode labels.

(2013-12-13, 03:05)bossanova808 Wrote: Any chance of getting the video length into the description (maybe just after the date so (Runs 00:41) or something?
No, sorry. Not available on the site/rssfeed. All available info is used in the addon...
No worries re: time.

Played with it a lot last night, works really really well.

Thanks again!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
v1.0.1:
- Changed default view

It's now available via the xbmc.org repo...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Upworthy.com - Things that matter. Pass 'em on.0