Linux Scan Audio USB device in XBMC
Hi,
I use Mythbuntu 13.04 but only in XBMC session (Frodo). Sometimes I want to use my Rapoo wireless headphones. When I insert the Rapoo reciever to the usb socket, XBMC doesn't "see" it.
If I logout in in again (when the reciever is in the socket) I can use it without a problem.
It seems that, although the OS itself recognizes when I insert it, XBMC doesn't.
Is there a way to make XBMC "scan" for new inserted devices?
No, XBMC is only aware of audio devices that are there when you start it. Leave it there?

Another option? Get a bluetooth dongle and leave it in your htpc permanently Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There is a hacky way in frodo. It involves calling AE suspend once and then AE resume, that will reenumerate the devices. You can check the source code of that external application launcher. Its author has implemented it - Just 4 lines of code.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Map a button on the remote to RestartApp().

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan Audio USB device in XBMC0