Zotac ZBOX-ID18-U Barebones Mini PC
Has anyone tried Full HD 3D iso?
Multiview Video Coding (MVC) is supported by 1007u?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
i'm considering what is the best HTPC system price / performance, the great differnza between celeron 1007U and i3 is the CPU:
HD Graphics 4000 vs HD Graphics has support for the following specifications:
- Intel ® Quick Sync Video
- Intel ® Clear Video HD Technology:
Code:
Intel® Clear Video HD Technology supports the following:
> Optimized high-definition playback with support for Blu-ray* with dual video hardware decode, letting you watch favorite content in stunning HD
> Full hardware decode acceleration for AVC, VC1, and MPEG-2 formats, which eliminates stutter and pauses due to software-based video decoding
> 24-Hz refresh rate support that allows cinematic playback
> Stunning video quality with sharpness/detail, noise reduction, and Deep Color and xvYCC* that creates incredible visuals
> High-quality DVD upscaling with Windows Media Player*
> Advanced de-interlacing and film mode detection to enable crisper imagery
> Seamless digital display support for HDMI* 1.3 along with dual simultaneous HDMI support that lets users watch content on HDTVs and HD monitors
> DisplayPort* 1.1 with audio support and up to 2560x1600 resolution that supports very-high-resolution monitors
> Multi-channel premium audio that creates amazing audio experiences with native support for bit-streaming Dolby TrueHD* and DTS-HD Master Audio*
> Up to 8 full range channels at 24-bit/96 kHz

Xbmc / linux driver uses these functions?

some specific work on 1007U, as you have tested:
- 24-Hz refresh rate support that allows cinematic playback
- Full hardware decode acceleration

is really strange...

xvYCC (x.v.Color) works? nice Technology

ZBOX-ID18( lot of ports,SATA ) versus DC3217BY NUC(+performance, no lan) in italy have the same price 135€... very hard decision
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
Hello fellow Zotac users!

I recently bought Zotac Zbox ID18. I also bought Kingston SSDNow 200S 30GB disc. SSD disc is not detected by system when installing any OS nor in BIOS (it says empty SATA). I tried different things:

- flashed BIOS to latest release provided and emptied CMOS (didn't help)
- tried to install Kingston SSD disc to other computers (via SATA and via USB (Disk Dock)) and it was detected - I also created a partition on it with GParted
- tried to install Samsung SSD and WD HDD into my Zbox - both were detected in BIOS

I kind of don't know what to do, because obviously SATA connector and Kingston SSD are both working (just not together Big Grin). I also sent email to Zotac and Kingston - still waiting on reply. I also asked Uncle Google for help, but he wasn't able to find any similar problem online... Smile

Any ideas would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I also checked Kingsonts official site for FW upgrades for my SSD disk. Unfortunately there aren'ty any updates available for model 200S. Sad
Hello All

I am new and at first sorry for my bad english. Can anyone here tell my if the ID18 play AC3 over HDMI with sound. My box crashes the pulseaudio after max 5min and then no way to get sound. This happend when i set the check mark AC3 at the pulseaudio settings/hardware.

I hope you can understand what i wrote.

Thanks

My system Zotac ID18 2x4GB Corsair 1333 128GB SSD xubuntu 12.04 LTS 3.11 kernel XBMC Frodo last version from this side. Install per ppa
Debug Log or it never happened
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Can anyone tell me what is the exact model of the ethernet adapter in ID18?
Hi is this box capable of running mythtv as a pvr as well as xbmc ?

And anyone out there try playing 3d blu ray iso's ?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these today so any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2014-04-11, 18:59)dchabby Wrote: And anyone out there try playing 3d blu ray iso's ?

FULL 3D NOT work, 1007u don't have "Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology", i have try powerdvd + windows and it show error massage. i think that' s CPU not support MVC and HDMI 1.4. Rolleyes
So, apart from 3D (which is not of interest to me at all) is there anything this box can't do with regards to XBMC? All 24fps modes, all interlacing, all drivers fine under OpenElec XBMC?
(2014-05-13, 15:28)Methanoid Wrote: So, apart from 3D (which is not of interest to me at all) is there anything this box can't do with regards to XBMC? All 24fps modes, all interlacing, all drivers fine under OpenElec XBMC?
yes 24p ok,also with 10bit and high bitrate(70 mbit/s).
But the fan is too much noise for me :-(
(2014-05-13, 16:35)looun Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 15:28)Methanoid Wrote: So, apart from 3D (which is not of interest to me at all) is there anything this box can't do with regards to XBMC? All 24fps modes, all interlacing, all drivers fine under OpenElec XBMC?
yes 24p ok,also with 10bit and high bitrate(70 mbit/s).
But the fan is too much noise for me :-(

Thanks. I am sure I have seen somewhere (review maybe or here?) that you can adjust fan speed in BIOS. Someone said 30-40% is very quiet?
Hi,

Owning the ID 18 box for over half a year now, and I'm very happy with it!

OpenELEC 3.2.4 / 4.0 runs very well on it.

Regarding noise, I set the fan speed to 20% in BIOS and it's VERY quiet. CPU temp can go over 80C, but usually stays below. Should be fine anyway, as Intel says up to 105C is okay.

I put in a 1TB SATA drive, which is louder than the fan, if you want very quiet, put in a SSD or even better, install on USB/SDcard.
I've ordered a box... But wondering also what exactly the sound chip is.. I know LAN is RTL8111 but whats the Realtek sound chip? ALC662? ALC888? I might be able to use a few more obscure OS's I like on it if it has something compatible.... Anyone who owns one can tell me please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX-ID18-U Barebones Mini PC1