what is the cheapest hardware that can also tune tv?
in the past i would just build a windows based htpc and use it for everything you would use a pc for. but this will be a second device never used for anything but my media and ota tv. i have a tv tuner on my pc, so if i can use that across the network to tune ota tv that would be nice.

thanks in advance.
If you're running Windows Media Center on your PC then there is a PVR plugin for XBMC that can work with it. Or if you have a USB tuner that is supported you can run TV Headend in OpenElec and keep it all in the one box. (And some PCI/PCI-E tuners are supported too)

I've got XBMC and OpenElec running on a Raspberry Pi - which is about as cheap as you can get - as a test bed. I've also had no problems with it - using a DVB-T2 tuner - on an Acer Revo RL80, and Acer Revo 3600 (though it's a single core Atom so quite long in the tooth) and an i5 Haswell NUC (my main OpenElec machine at the moment). Looking forward to seeing how the Asus 2955U Chromebox works with it - though storage will be an external USB 3 HDD - when my eBay purchase finally arrives in the UK...

Are you in DVB or ATSC-land?
atsc

thanks for the info. is there a faq or anything for the rasberry pi systems?
http://www.raspberrypi.org
Raspberry Pi FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what is the cheapest hardware that can also tune tv?0