Android samsung Tab 3 ERROR not compatible
Hello,

I'm new here. So I hope you can excuse if I don't make everything correct.
So... to my problem: I already searched for it but I don't found an exact match.

I installed XBMC for android (Version: 12.2 frodo and I also tried 13.0 gotham) on my samsung tab 3 (Model: GT-P5210 Version: 4.2.2).
At first it works very well.
But if I restart the tab and then start the app the following error appears:

ERROR
This XBMC package Is not compatible with your device.

Now the app is not starting anymore.
I don't know why this comes up only after I restarted my device. Bevor everything works fine.
Can you please help if I can make any configuration to fix that?!
Or do I have to use a different XBMC version?

If I reinstall the app everything works again.
Please help.
After the installation I always have to scan my media files wich takes several hours.

Thank
FloM
Your Tab uses an Intel chip so look at the development builds for android x86 here

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/
Thanks for your help.

Do I have to install the latest version? What is the difference between the alternating files?
TBH as they are alpha versions it's trial and error as they will cause a few crashes et al, these asr builds before a beta is released and each version tends to be better than the 1 before but will still cause some problems. I'm using the 3rd December build as I've found it gives me lest problems. You will just have to download a build and take it from there. Let us know how you get on.
I tried the version xbmc-20131215-66e8eb2-master-x86.apk
It worked well so far.
No system crash :-)

BUT it is not possible to watch videofiles. The screen is always green while sound is playing.

I will try the newest version and let you know if it works.

EDIT:
xbmc-20131219-b361629-master-x86.apk with the same error.
I tried the 20th December build. Still the same problem with the video files (I tried avi, mp4, flv)

Always a green screen and sometimes with some figures on it. The sound is working.
Is it posible that the codec is not working?
With other video players (vlc-player) it is possible to watch the movies on the tablet.
And with the official release 12.2 frodo and 13.0 gotham it worked well.

Is it possible to sideload the codec to xbmc or is this a known bug and will be fixed soon?

Any ideas what I can do to fix the problem?

Thx
Anybody who can help me?
FloM,
Sorry been up to my eyes in it and not been here much.
OK your problem is that you have both H/W accel modules set to on.
Not sure what Skin you are using but you need to go into settings then select Video (make sure your settings level is advanced or expert) then select PlayBack, scroll down and you will see "Allow Hardware accelaration" libstagefright and under that the same but with MediaCodec.
Unselect the MediaCodec (turn off) and just use libstagefright as your H/W accel module and your Green screen will disappear and you can then use XBMC on your Tab3.
Hey sheepybach,

thank you so much!
Everything works well!!!

THX
@FloM Could you (or @sheepybach) provide a log with mediacodec enabled so that we can track the root cause, please.
Koying,
I hope I've done this right, here's a log file and pic of a film using MediaCodec only on My Note 10.1 2014 running JB 4.3 and XBMC Gotham 13 Alpha December 1st Monthly build

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=101658

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
(2013-12-25, 12:47)sheepybach Wrote: Koying,
I hope I've done this right, here's a log file and pic of a film using MediaCodec only on My Note 10.1 2014 running JB 4.3 and XBMC Gotham 13 Alpha December 1st Monthly build
Thanks. Would you mind making a sample available, too?
Keying,
I'll do anything to help, please tell me in OAP terms what you want/need and I'll do my best to get it for you.
I'll do on this tab unless you say otherwise.
iechyd da
I'm seeing refs to OMX.Exynos.AVC.Decoder vs OMX.Exynos.avc.Decoder, could we be using the wrong flavor here ?
(2013-12-25, 17:32)davilla Wrote: I'm seeing refs to OMX.Exynos.AVC.Decoder vs OMX.Exynos.avc.Decoder, could we be using the wrong flavor here ?
Mmm.. In the log, I only see "OMX.Exynos.avc.dec".
You mean, you saw it somewhere else?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
samsung Tab 3 ERROR not compatible0