Looking for info on how to Sky Box +XBMC on Android device
Search engine isn't favoring three letter words!

What forum section might I look into, to find a -how to- on A) Viewing your Sky box channels through XBMC and B) The best PVR plugin needed for Android XBMC?

Thank you
Quick bump; just a yes or no on whether you can route the sky box through XBMC.
More out of convenience than anything, save switching HDMI sources etc.
You can certainly use a Sky box with NextPVR, with either an analog capture device, or HDPVR/HDPVR2/Colossus device (though may need to strip HDCP if you're using HDMI). You'd typically also need an IR Blaster, so that NextPVR can tell your Sky box to change channels when it needs to.

I can't tell you anything about using XBMC on Android. I've never tried that.
(2013-12-14, 19:29)Saraya Wrote: Search engine isn't favoring three letter words!

What forum section might I look into, to find a -how to- on A) Viewing your Sky box channels through XBMC and B) The best PVR plugin needed for Android XBMC?

Thank you

I think you misunderstand. You match the pvr plugin to the backend. I doubt android runs any of the supported backends.

For 3 letter searches, use google, eg search term

Pvr android site:forum.xbmc.org
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-12-16, 20:33)sub3 Wrote: You can certainly use a Sky box with NextPVR, with either an analog capture device, or HDPVR/HDPVR2/Colossus device (though may need to strip HDCP if you're using HDMI). You'd typically also need an IR Blaster, so that NextPVR can tell your Sky box to change channels when it needs to.

I have a MX2 Android box with XBMC on it sitting on top of the Sky HD box. That's the only hardware I have so far at the moment. I question whether it's worth buying anything additional in contrast to just switching the input device on the television back over to Sky manually.

(2013-12-16, 21:25)nickr Wrote: I think you misunderstand. You match the pvr plugin to the backend. I doubt android runs any of the supported backends.

For 3 letter searches, use google, eg search term

Pvr android site:forum.xbmc.org

Thanks for the search parameter suggestion.

I believe you about the backend support and I think I do misunderstand. As I mentioned to Sub above, I have the new Android box with the Sky box presently, but am not looking to do anything fancy. I simply wanted to gain the convenience of starting XBMC to browse Sky, rather than switching back to the previous HDMI input on the television.
(2013-12-17, 17:53)Saraya Wrote:
(2013-12-16, 20:33)sub3 Wrote: You can certainly use a Sky box with NextPVR, with either an analog capture device, or HDPVR/HDPVR2/Colossus device (though may need to strip HDCP if you're using HDMI). You'd typically also need an IR Blaster, so that NextPVR can tell your Sky box to change channels when it needs to.

I have a MX2 Android box with XBMC on it sitting on top of the Sky HD box. That's the only hardware I have so far at the moment. I question whether it's worth buying anything additional in contrast to just switching the input device on the television back over to Sky manually.
The Android box would only be the client, and it'd would need to talk to a PC somewhere on your network running Windows, since that's what NextPVR requires. You couldn't run NextPVR itself on your Android box.
I could provide the computer to put NextPVR on. Though I would need a capture card or?
Sky forums say that "Although you can access your Sky+ HD box's planner via the network port using a Sky+ App. and possibly some 3rd party UPnP applications, all live TV and video playback is currently only accessible using rf out (not suffix W boxes) or any of the video out connectors eg. HDMI."
(2013-12-17, 23:23)Saraya Wrote: I could provide the computer to put NextPVR on. Though I would need a capture card or?
As I mentioned in my first reply above - Yes, you'd need a capture device.
Super thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for info on how to Sky Box +XBMC on Android device0