New items (TV/Movie) not always showing as new
I have been XBMC (Frodo) on a Mac Mini for over a year now. Recently I added a new hard drive with two new sources for movies and TV. When I update the library, the items are scrapped just fine, but never receive the "new" flag. A few of these items show up okay, for some reason items in my CSI folder always come in. But items in my Buffy folder never do (even those these are newly imported with a very new date). It happens on movies too. A couple will be marked "new" properly while others dont receive that flag.

I have exited XBMC and gone back in to see if that makes a difference. Not that I've seen. I also removed some older library sources from being checked during the update process in case this was too much for the system to take. Anyone have any suggestions? It's highly annoying, especially when one or two items work.
"new flag"? What's a "new flag"?
where at marks it as new. This way it shows up in your latest list and if the skins support it either it has a star or a new item on the movie or TV show itself.
Ah, I thought it might be something like that. I was under the impression that skins just use the date added info, taken from the file date, to add those flags. Which skin are you using? I'll try to reproduce the same situation.
Sorry, I missed that this has been updated.

I'm using Aeon Nox. I found something new though. Remember when I said some items that are added will show up as new while others aren't? I figured out the difference. If I add the item from my PC to the network share, it shows up as new. When I add the item from my Mac (not the one hosting XBMC) to the network share, it does not show up as new. The timedate on the mac is correct so I don't konw why it won't work. Interestingly if I copy the data from my Mac to the PC and then to the network share, it does work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New items (TV/Movie) not always showing as new0