Using NFS with XBMC on SuSE Workstation?
Hi,

I have an NFS share. I can use that share to provide media to XBMC running on my Raspberys (Raspbmc 12.2), and Android tablet (Also 12.2).

However, I can't access that same share from SuSE 13.1 workstations?
On the above platforms, I am able to browse/drill down to the required location, while at the workstations, in the "Browse for new share", clicking the NFS option does nothing that I can detect?

BUT, these same workstations, are able to access and mount the NFS share perfectly well from within the OS?

The NFS share export is:
Code:
cat /etc/exports
/nfs    *(rw,all_squash,insecure)
And the permissions on the /nfs directory (and all below) is:
Code:
ls -l /nfs
drwxrwxrwx 65 nobody nogroup 4096 Dec 16 16:24 myMusic
drwxrwxrwx 27 nobody nogroup 4096 Sep 14 22:14 myMusic.flac
drwxrwxrwx 76 nobody nogroup 4096 Nov  6 18:46 ourPhotographs
drwxrwxrwx 20 nobody nogroup 4096 Dec 18 11:58 ourVideos

I have read NFS - XBMC but can find no other clues to investigate.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Regards, Martin
if you mean NFS from _within_ Xbmc does not work on suse: ask the packager to include nfs support or compile xbmc yourself
Ah.... I wondered if this was the case. So....

I have been tring to follow Compiling on SuSE but I have got stuck at Section 2.2.3.2 64bit (x86_64). Can you step me through the following?

The author says: "I doubt that all this is needed any more - I just did an x86_64 build without this stuff. " What is he doubting? All what? Or being needed? Or Stuff?

Then later, it is suggested that we create a file. Can I just download and rename 22b29f07.txt to missing-cflags.patch?
It is also stated that I should "put it in your folder". And where should that folder be?
Code:
$ cd XBMC_DIRECOTRY (the directory you extracted / pull XBMC into)
OR
Code:
$ cd $HOME/xbmc

If you are happy to help with the above, can I come back for a step-step walk-through with the code examples that finishes Section 2.2.3.2.

I know that all this sound trivial. But I find understanding the authors point-of-view and relative references difficult to follow.

Thanks for your understanding, Martin
Easier than that...

See: XBMC/NFS/SuSE

Regards, Martin
nice, so its solved?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using NFS with XBMC on SuSE Workstation?0