Crash / Freeze When Minimized
Been noticing for a few weeks if I minimize xbmc, after a few minutes xbmc is frozen and I have to kill it. xbmc.log. When minimized, all I'm typically doing is browsing folders or editing some small files. Nothing I haven't done w/ xbmc minimized for years. Gotham Alpha10.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
choose a different screen saver like fade or black within XBMC and the problem is gone. We didn't figured out yet how to solve this properly.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I posted about this 6 months ago. It got so annoying I just switched to black screensaver. Will this be fixed by Gotham stable release, or is the screensaver just going to ship busted?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164567
(2013-12-15, 15:11)StinDaWg Wrote: I posted about this 6 months ago.

My bad. I did search before posting but somehow screwed it up. Anyhow, I like the slideshow screensaver & would actually rather kill xbmc & restart when it crashes than change. Hope it's fixed before the final release.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Its not the screensaver but the underlaying architecture ... somehow.
And I doubt that it'll be fixed until Gotham.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(2013-12-17, 15:58)WiSo Wrote: And I doubt that it'll be fixed until Gotham.

A fix in Gotham would be great. Upon a quick search, I couldn't find a related ticket. Should I create one? I'd hate for Gotham to be released without trying to fix this.
(2013-12-15, 14:38)WiSo Wrote: We didn't figured out yet how to solve this properly.
Hi,

I have the same issue with frodo since i upgraded my windows from XP to 7 64 bits.
I tried to disable the "dim" screen saver but the problem isn't gone.

You're talking about gotham, but i have frodo, so is it a different problem ?

Thanks
(2013-12-22, 09:42)nonob Wrote: Hi,

I have the same issue with frodo since i upgraded my windows from XP to 7 64 bits.
I tried to disable the "dim" screen saver but the problem isn't gone.

You're talking about gotham, but i have frodo, so is it a different problem ?

Thanks

Yes it's different. Try the upcoming 12.3 version.
Should be a general testing thread with a download link.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok , when will we available ?

Are you sure it will fix my issue ? Is it a know issue ?

I found this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128927

and me too i have trakttv addon, so i will try to desactivate it..
I have the issue with trakttv disabled Sad

Quote:when will 12.3 be available ?

Are you sure it will fix my issue ? Is it a know issue ?
Hi,

I have now XBMC 12.3 on seven 64 bits, and i always have the crash with xbmc minimized.

I use eventghost to minimize xbmc with mouse button 4, and to mouse button 5 to maximize it.
It works 9 times /10 but sometimes, i have the windows circle but nithing happen, and i have to kill process xbmc.exe, and maybe it is important, when the pb occurs, i have more than one xbmc process.

This is the last lines of the debug log when i had the pb:
I've not noticed this on Eden, Frodo or Gotham but I've just tried to re-create the issue. The only problem I notice when minimizing XBMC is what happens when you do it when a video is paused - it asks about 6 times if I want to change the resolution, which I'm guessing is to be expected.

Edit: Actually I do remember seeing this on an early build of Gotham, but not since it for the last month or so.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
When i minimize XBMC, i never have a video playing or in pause, i always stop the playing..
Hello,

It is the most annoying issue for me, i don't find a way to resolve it, i need your help.

This is a screenshot of my process explorer when i try to maximize xbmc and nothing happen:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash / Freeze When Minimized0