OUYA SETUP [Steps]
So, this is an ongoing tinkering process to which i've learnt a huge amount. For the people who have said the OUYA is perfect for XBMC and the related 'online habits' that associate themselves with XBMC users, it's not perfect, but it can be made to be good.

So i bought a 2nd hand OUYA, a Mele F10 Pro, a Seagate 2tb drive, and a USB HUB.

- Considering I needed it rooted and i've been a lurker at xda devs for years now, first thing I did was install CWM and flash a new ROM (It wasn't the first thing, but i just found everything I was trying to do on the stock rom caused a crash here or there, so figured, lets go all out).

- Install the Android Gotham Launcher version of XBMC. Yes, this isn't official, but there's a strand of the nightlies that is getting patched to make android think it's a launcher (and so you can choose it to launch). I found this helpful, because the AutoPilot boot added time on the startup.

- Patch the keyboard.kz file with the MELE F10 patch for ouya, found on fusion.

- Install all my ondemand apps that I will be using outside of XBMC (A version of Netflix that allows for controller based use, BT Sport, Virgin Anywhere, Hulu, Youtube for Google TV).

- Install a VPN Service apk (bypassing the android default which requires you to set a pattern, and reenter passwords everytime you login).

- Install Paragon NTFS+. Format the 2tb drive. Disable the Stock 'Storage Media' app, that does a great job of mounting the EFI partition, but not the actual drive. Error: mkdir /storage/usbdrive is readonly. So I think I needed to go into /system/etc/vold.fstab and change /storage/sdcard1 to /mnt/usbdrive, and also comment out the first line of the dev-mounts. Now paragon mounts the drive where I want it to be. Next step:

- Install Samba Server. Disable the smb.conf overwrite option, as the Samba Server won't detect our paragon mount properly. Now onto editing the /data/data/com.somethingsomething.samba/files/smb.conf manually, and very dangerously change /sdcard to just /, meaning the samba share shares the entire root (including both the sdcard and the usbdrive whereever it gets mounted to). Suits me, maybe a bit risky for most applications for it. Great, now we have a samba share that all my computers can connect to and use. And also a way of editing system files / peaking around the android OS.

- Providing we have the Google Play Store setup (Xposed Framework), I went for Power NZB and NZB Leech+, i haven't decided which i'll stick with yet, but PowerNZB comes bundled with SickBeard (amazing). So after installing PowerNZB, i've installed all its dependancies, and got sickbeard running, just like on my PC.

So now in theory, it should happily get on with what it's trying to do, without me having to leave my PC on overnight.

I have to say at the moment i'm quite pleased with the setup but it's been a long journey to get to this point and wasn't really for the light hearted.
Quote:A version of Netflix that allows for controller based use

Whoa, really? Nice. Do you have a link to this?
(2013-12-15, 12:07)Ned Scott Wrote:

Nice setup. I'm looking forward to getting my Ouya and Mele F10 Pro in a few days, I would like a link to this also Smile
(2013-12-15, 12:07)Ned Scott Wrote:

The last two netflix android releases have gamepad api support. I believe its just version 3.0 and up.
I'm running a very similar setup as you. I also have android watchespn and NFL Sunday ticket apps as favorites on my xperience1080 home screen. Both work really well using the F10 mele air mouse.
(2013-12-15, 03:04)aceed Wrote: - Considering I needed it rooted and i've been a lurker at xda devs for years now, first thing I did was install CWM and flash a new ROM (It wasn't the first thing, but i just found everything I was trying to do on the stock rom caused a crash here or there, so figured, lets go all out).

Did you got rid of the refresh rate setting problem? refresh rate problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA SETUP [Steps]0