• 10(current)
Android client
I wanted to give everyone a heads up that switching to the new HDHomerun that transcodes OTA to h.264 fixed the issue of 1080i channels stuttering on an OUYA. However, I just have a small issue now. When I compare the streams of fast-moving shows like sports(such as the NBA Finals), the video on the OUYA isn't nearly as crisp compared to if I use the Windows Media Center Extender on the Xbox 360. It's hard to explain(and also hard to provide screenshots) showing the difference, but the OUYA's XBMC video is much more pixelated than on the Xbox. Has anyone else experienced this on an Android device connected to a 1080p TV?
have you set the deinterlacing options while watching the live stream in XBMC, and then hit the "set as default for all videos" ?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Yeah, I already had the deinterlacing option enabled and I still saw the quality dip. I'll be upgrading my network to gigabit here in the next month when I get Google Fiber(woohoo!) so I'll report back if upgrading all the network devices to gigabit helps in anyway. Thanks for the quick responses though!
(2014-05-22, 03:34)scarecrow420 Wrote: Just an FYI on upgrading the android client for Gotham.

Currently gotham ships with 0.2.93 version and I found that it was difficult to "update" this to the 0.2.95 version. Even after uninstalling the old version of the plugin (and verifying the pvr.wmc directory was now gone from the system addons directory), then installing 0.2.95 from zip file, the addon was stil not correctly updated. In XBMC it would show as 0.2.95 (this comes from an xml file in the addon) but actually the code/library being used by XBMC was still clearly the older 0.2.93 version (confirmed by ServerWMC log file showing the client reported version as 0.2.93 and new functions like Radio channels etc werent showing up).

I found that there was still a copy of the old library file (libXBMC_wmc.so) in the app-lib directory underneath XBMC directory (/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc). Once I deleted that and installed 0.2.95 from zip file it was then working OK. I dont know if this was just my setup or will affect others... I also dont know what you could do about it if you dont have a rooted device since you wouldnt be able to access that area of the file system. Anyway, im not sure how many people really use our addon on android anyway, but would be interested to know if anyone else updating from the built in 2.93 to the latest 2.95 had the same issue (you can check ServerWMC log file when the client connects, to see what version the client is).

Wow massive delay in replying from me! I can confirm I have the same issue, performed the same steps as you. BTW This PVR plugin with and ServerWMC works perfectly on my Android AMLogic S802 based device, it's a great little small low power device for running XBMC with MPEG2 and H264 content provided here in the UK Big Grin
How to get record series working on Fire TV XBMC 13.1?

Problem: Record series not available on Fire TV XBMC 13.1.

Trouble Shooting Efforts:
According to section 9.1 in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:PVR.WMC, the two files DeleteTimer.xml and RecordPrefs.xml need to be installed in the Confluence skin folder. The instructions are for generic non-Windows clients. Where do these files need to exist within Fire TV?

I see both DeleteTimer.xml and RecordPrefs.xml in "/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/pvr.wmc/resources/skins/skin.confluence/720p" directory on Fire TV.

I also see "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.wmc-android-arm" but no files. I don't know if this is the location where the two files need to go.

I've read and search the forums but no mention of this.

Playing Live TV channels and recorded wtv files works well.

Configuration:
Fire TV
XBMC 13.1 (actually Confluence++)
pvr.wmc installed via the standard pvr addons approach within XMBC
ServerWMC running on Win 8.1.
ADB installed, Fire TV rooted, Xposed, and Fire TV Modx
The custom dialog files have to go in a directory structure under resources named after the skin, eg the ones you found are for confluence skin. So if confluence++ is different you can copy/rename skin.confluence folder to whatever the new skin's folder name is
(2014-05-22, 03:34)scarecrow420 Wrote: Just an FYI on upgrading the android client for Gotham.

Currently gotham ships with 0.2.93 version and I found that it was difficult to "update" this to the 0.2.95 version. Even after uninstalling the old version of the plugin (and verifying the pvr.wmc directory was now gone from the system addons directory), then installing 0.2.95 from zip file, the addon was stil not correctly updated. In XBMC it would show as 0.2.95 (this comes from an xml file in the addon) but actually the code/library being used by XBMC was still clearly the older 0.2.93 version (confirmed by ServerWMC log file showing the client reported version as 0.2.93 and new functions like Radio channels etc werent showing up).

I found that there was still a copy of the old library file (libXBMC_wmc.so) in the app-lib directory underneath XBMC directory (/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc). Once I deleted that and installed 0.2.95 from zip file it was then working OK. I dont know if this was just my setup or will affect others... I also dont know what you could do about it if you dont have a rooted device since you wouldnt be able to access that area of the file system. Anyway, im not sure how many people really use our addon on android anyway, but would be interested to know if anyone else updating from the built in 2.93 to the latest 2.95 had the same issue (you can check ServerWMC log file when the client connects, to see what version the client is).

Having this problem as well, but I'm not sure that I did exactly what you did to correct. Could you give full directory paths? EDIT: I fixed this and confirmed, but having another problem involving decoding.
I can only seem to get a little audio and then nothing on android. If I play the .wttv over the network in a player, works great. Here's a log, http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=271104
Thanks!
I just tried this again with 13.2 , deleting the /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/libXBMC_WMC.so, then re-install 0.2.99, and I still get some sound and then nothing.
Have you tried searching this thread for CStageFright? I can't read an xbmc logs well, but your log is riddled with errors like the following:

13:31:47 T:2101101544 ERROR: CStageFrightVideo - decoding error (-2147483648)

Early on users were reporting problems with this and android and I think the fix had something to do with disabling hardware acceleration. Anyway search this thread.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Yeah your problem is unrelated to what I was talking about. What I was talking about was ensuring that XBMC was actually loading up the correct version of the addon (which you can confirm on the ServerWMC log by the version the client reports when it first connects). Due to that libs cache folder, even if you installed say 2.99 client, the actually library being loaded was an older 2.93/2.95 one, and the log showed that. My procedure was simply how to clear out XBMC to ensure that it loads the new version of the addon that you install. Not anything to do with getting audio and not video and such
Thanks guys. I disabled stagefright acceleration and suddenly, amazingly, both nexusei devices started working properly Smile
My normal troubleshooting was a little foreshortened because I swear, this used to work [although, I can't pinpoint when it broke]. So I have to admit, I was blaming pvr.wmc in the privacy of my own mind Smile

For those reading along at home, set your "settings level" to expert to see the correct options, then go settings/video/acceleration, turn off libstagefright.
This will fix your decoding errors.

Thread search acted a bit funny I discovered so here is some keywords
stage fright
stagefright
cstagefright
cstagefrightvideo
nexus
Thanks for following up, and for giving the details - maybe this time I'll remember it.
(2014-08-22, 07:20)bluenote Wrote: Thanks guys. I disabled stagefright acceleration and suddenly, amazingly, both nexusei devices started working properly Smile
My normal troubleshooting was a little foreshortened because I swear, this used to work [although, I can't pinpoint when it broke]. So I have to admit, I was blaming pvr.wmc in the privacy of my own mind Smile

For those reading along at home, set your "settings level" to expert to see the correct options, then go settings/video/acceleration, turn off libstagefright.
This will fix your decoding errors.

Thread search acted a bit funny I discovered so here is some keywords
stage fright
stagefright
cstagefright
cstagefrightvideo
nexus

So this isn't entirely what I would do. If you need to use stagefright for example for h.264 or most 1080 content on an android device then you wouldn't want to simply turn of stagefright. Instead you will want to create an advancedsettings.xml file that has the following:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<stagefright>
<!-- -1 is default, 0 is never used this codec, 1 is always use this codec, bypassing blacklist -->
<usempeg2codec>0</usempeg2codec>
</stagefright>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

This way you can leave stagefright as your hardware acceleration method to handle .h264 content, but disable it for mpg2 files (tv and recorded tv).
I think this was first suggested by Koying, but I can confirm it works extremely well on the AFTV. I was having occasional crash issues with mediacodec turned on, but stagefright wouldn't play all of my files. The above allowed me to use stagefright and all of my files will play.

I hope this helps.
Thanks jjhtpc, excellent info. We really need to document this stuff somewhere.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android client1